X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pump vac thoughts

why not put a toilet flange on your 2" pipe. or what ever size you are using. bolt the two flange together with a rubber doughtnut gasket. breid........

Comment

I got a shop vac with pump in it. It was a waste. If for sale cheap. I think a helper to run the water to the nearest snow bank would be the best. There must be a ski bum who would do this.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        why not put a toilet flange on your 2" pipe. or what ever size you are using. bolt the two flange together with a rubber doughtnut gasket. breid........
        Brilliant. If I could give a prize for post of the week yours would be it.

Unless you were below grade you wouldn't even need a pump,just a hose long enough for your overflow water to be dealt with.
        Last edited by TheMaster; 01-20-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

the pump that screws onto the outside of the ridgid vac actually pumps pretty good. i think all you need to do is put a bigger filter screen in front of the pump inlet to prevent clogs to the pump.

the ridgid jet vac also pumps great and you use the jetter with a spray wand to work it. get some 1.5''vac hose to extend it out to a tub or a drum. the jetter and vac are a great 1-2 combination.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

the jetters in there eating frozen tampons; the jet vac's power source is taken!

I'm going with the inverted 3x2 sant to bucket+sump... like so many things; obvious in retrospect.

thanks all; group effort. will post pics from the next one I use it on. expect it to be a full on coup. Lord, but I do love the forum.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Have you thought about using a marine macerator? Very small, self priming, inexpensive and will chew though most objects you find in a sewer. You'll need a 12 volt battery with a carry handle.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10692

Comment

I don't know how much room you have on your truck, but you can set up a vacuum system pretty easy. They make pumps that run off of your belt drive off the engine. Put a small tank in the rig with a hose to reach your problem area and your done. It would be a fairly significant investment of money and space, but it would be alot less "stuff" in the work area with you.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

no real room on the van for anything like a vac system; if I did that I'd go with a trailered pumper or a pumper truck and then we're back to making it complicated.

those marine macerators may be the ticket; it looks like jabsco may make an ac version. found a rep that is looking into it.

there is an ac version, $425 is the cheapest I've found it so far... it's kind of big (1 1/2" inlet, 1" discharge), but would have to be to suck a wad of paper up to where it can grind it.

it's kinda rinkydink. its just a big version of those little rubber spider pumps with a cutter blade wiping over a port on the inlet, but I think it would handle paper.

it's not a submersible, so it would sit beside the flange and suck out of a suction hose in the flange.

$425 is a little much to find out, but I may pull the trigger. If I do I'll let you know how it works.

may go the inverted 3x2 sant t flange on flange route to a sump pump; that could be a cool setup too, but it fails where there is a floor drain you didn't see and plug off, or when your rag pops out, or when you fail to get the thing popped and you've got the whole system full 12" deep.
                  Last edited by Ace Sewer; 01-20-2011, 09:35 PM.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

ACE,here is a link to an RV websites sewer page. It has drain hose,tanks,12v macerating pumps etc etc.

http://rvadenver.com/sewer_hoses_&_accessories1.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X