Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on k-60 lost in transit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update on k-60 lost in transit

    for those who don't know I recently had a machine come up missing in the mail on its return trip from ridgid. It went to a different address and vanished apparently on dec 6th. Today is January 19th and I come home to a new machine. Well sort of, Its a lot like the machine I sen't but dirtier, the jaws pretty grooved out and it squeels like crazy. I now I have a k-60 for sale. (PM if interested)Anybody own a general hot rodder (ill give you both my k-60's" for it). It was a pretty frustrating ordeal that went on back and forth for a month or so, im just lucky I did have a back-up or I would have been s.o.l. The machine i sent was in a lot better shape than this. Disappointed through and through. Thank's though josh nothing really seem to happen till we talked, your a good guy in my book.

  • #2
    Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

    Originally posted by Drainsdonecheap View Post
    for those who don't know I recently had a machine come up missing in the mail on its return trip from ridgid. It went to a different address and vanished apparently on dec 6th. Today is January 19th and I come home to a new machine. Well sort of, Its a lot like the machine I sen't but dirtier, the jaws pretty grooved out and it squeels like crazy. I now I have a k-60 for sale. (PM if interested)Anybody own a general hot rodder (ill give you both my k-60's" for it). It was a pretty frustrating ordeal that went on back and forth for a month or so, im just lucky I did have a back-up or I would have been s.o.l. The machine i sent was in a lot better shape than this. Disappointed through and through. Thank's though josh nothing really seem to happen till we talked, your a good guy in my book.
    From what your telling me I'd send that k-60 back on my dime and wash my hands of the whole deal. The machine should have been insured for full replacement cost and sent signature required.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

      What happened on the 13th of this month when you said you were meeting with Fed-Ex?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

        so what are saying? by the way fedex ain't the mail. how do you now have 2 machines? sometimes you sound like you are off your meds. breid...............

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

          Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          so what are saying? by the way fedex ain't the mail. how do you now have 2 machines? sometimes you sound like you are off your meds. breid...............
          I'm also confused. I think someone is leaving out some details.
          Ideal Plumbing

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

            did we ever determine if the machine was deliverd to the wrong address by fedx or was it sent to the address that ridgid wrote on the box?

            who's at fault

            the clutch/ jaws are a simple repair. the 2 main bearings are a little more involved.

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

              I'd love to hear Ridgids' side of the story. Lot's of details that are missing that I don't think we'll hear from the OP.

              My guess is that if Ridgid felt they were really at fault here, they would have bucked up for a new replacement machine or at least a refurbished one in decent shape.

              or....

              Maybe it's not Ridgids' fault at all but they sent you that one until you can get the issued resolved through FedEx. That's where my money is.

              Did you sign any sort of release?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                Ive purchased 2 machines, thats how. sounds like your off some med's.
                Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                so what are saying? by the way fedex ain't the mail. how do you now have 2 machines? sometimes you sound like you are off your meds. breid...............

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                  No, I'm good now. Just put new bearings in this one that seemed to take of the squeal. No my machine wasn't emmaculate that I sent but it was clean with brand new bearings and only 6 months old. and I'll be O.K if this semi refurbished k-60 stays a strong runner till I can get the hot-rodder. I just hope its not off some body's truck who's patiently waiting to hear from ridgid. I am glad that Im back up to 2 machines and ridgid did eventually come through. I'd love to hear ridgids side of the story as well.
                  Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I'd love to hear Ridgids' side of the story. Lot's of details that are missing that I don't think we'll hear from the OP.

                  My guess is that if Ridgid felt they were really at fault here, they would have bucked up for a new replacement machine or at least a refurbished one in decent shape.

                  or....

                  Maybe it's not Ridgids' fault at all but they sent you that one until you can get the issued resolved through FedEx. That's where my money is.

                  Did you sign any sort of release?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                    I'm still confused.....and I think everyone wants to know....

                    Did Ridgid send the package to the wrong address? Or did Fedex deliver to the wrong address? WE WANT ANSWERS!
                    Ideal Plumbing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                      And we want to know who sent you the k-60 that you don't think is comparable to your old unit? And did YOU accept it anyway instead of not accepting it for not being equal
                      Seattle Drain Service

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                        and now 5 days with only the sound of crickets
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                          This situation has more holes in it than swiss cheese, and I can see why.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                            Woke up one morning and found a K60 at my door
                            Wonder how it got there Oh Ya I paid for it
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                            Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Update on k-60 lost in transit

                              google "drainsdonecheap". breid...............

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X