Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crust Buster

Anyone have one?
    How do you like it?
    Thinking about getting one. My Jiffy my get a remodel.

Re: Crust Buster

I don't have one. One of my competitors does and swears by it. The issue I have from listening to him is the hair and fibers wrap around it. Then you have to cut all that crap off and dispose of it somewhere. I've never had a tank that I couldn't pump by stirring it up, blowing air in it or backflushing it.

It seems to me like another thing to carry on the truck, worry about losing and having to maintain. My trucks are overweight on the rears as it is, I don't need to put any more stuff on there.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

They say you dont need to back flush with it. Just throwing the hose in the bottom and go. No having to hold it on top as you pump down. New truck is almost done.

Comment

We have one and would NEVER, EVER go back to using a hoe and/or backflushing. Sure, it adds a few pounds, but if you can eliminate even 10 or 15 minutes per job you can get in another tank or two a day if you're busy.

We have friends who say they are unnecessary as well, but they are only those who have never used them. We hear the "backflushing works fine for me" lingo a lot, but while you are backflushing and the pulling the tank clean a second time, I'm loading up and hitting the road, not to mention the fact that a hoe or whatever you are using to mix with doesn't work as well or as quickly. Think about using a spoon versus a blender to make a fruit smoothie.

As far as hair, etc., getting wrapped up, that is true, but once the tank is pumped down a ways we just lift the head out of the water and wind the thing out, and most if not all of the hair goes flying off and we vac it up. If we can't spin it off we just cut it of with a carpet knife in about 10 seconds and drop it back in the tank and vac it up.

You may want to also know that it also really impresses homeowners. It just LOOKS like your doing a better job compared with the last guy who used a sludge hoe. We've made customers for life simply by using the Crustbuster.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions about our technique for using the Crustbuster or anything else, feel free to ask, my rant here is long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
          They say you dont need to back flush with it. Just throwing the hose in the bottom and go. No having to hold it on top as you pump down. New truck is almost done.

What's the specs on your new truck?

I just paid off my newest truck. It's hard to believe it's 5 years old already! I'm glad those payments are overwith!

Comment

2004 Pete 375 used 80xxx
            20 fronts 46 rears steerable pusher
            4500 gallon T line tank
            heated valves
            6 inch bottom with air valve
            4inch load line
            bigger Battioni
            I'm more looking forward to AC and a radio.
            Most trucks around here are quad axles 5400 to 6000 gallons. This is going to be one of the smaller trucks around. It was time our truck was smaller and older. I'm not looking forward to a truck payment but its needed. I would have liked a lift and a door that opened, but dosent grow on trees.

Comment

Are you kidding I just looked up that thing and it lookes like a over sized auger just remove th auger or if you Ice fish and have the gas powerd ice auger I think you could make your oun crustbuster
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                2004 Pete 375 used 80xxx
                20 fronts 46 rears steerable pusher
                4500 gallon T line tank
                heated valves
                6 inch bottom with air valve
                4inch load line
                bigger Battioni
                I'm more looking forward to AC and a radio.
                Most trucks around here are quad axles 5400 to 6000 gallons. This is going to be one of the smaller trucks around. It was time our truck was smaller and older. I'm not looking forward to a truck payment but its needed. I would have liked a lift and a door that opened, but dosent grow on trees.
                Holy smokes! Trucks in your area are huge compared to what we use. Mine "big" truck is 3,400 gallons. I think the biggest truck around here is 3,800 gallons. We have a lot of overgrown driveways that twist and wind around. My truck has trouble getting into some of them. I guess it's what works in the area you are in!

I hear you on the payments. I just paid off my last truck. I'm getting really close to being debt free. I'm sure I'll find something else to spend money on though.

Enjoy the A/C and the radio. They do make the day go by better!
                Last edited by Trent2; 01-25-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X