Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Question

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    That is awesome... Now I wonder if it will hold a 50 footer of 5/16" cable?
    Yes it will. Once I wear this 35' x 5/16 cable out I am getting the 50 footer.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Yes it will. Once I wear this 35' x 5/16 cable out I am getting the 50 footer.

Man....now i guess i gotta go buy one thnx for all your input..
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Yep its only the 35' of the 5/16 cable. Just had to feel the rod through the trap.

How much does that thing weigh with the 35' cable ?

Comment

The K-40 AF weighs 33 lbs. The unit I have (K-40B AF) weighs in at 24 lbs. Very light Also learned that the battery unit's motor is direct drive where the A/C unit is belt driven, hence the difference in RPM speeds.

Comment

I don't know why I am still pulling traps..Guess cause' I don't have one of those puppies.. I have never really had use for a small machine like that.I started out with a k-50 .Never even owned a drill snake.. I bought the drum attachments for the k-50..Now I have the k-60 .I can still use the drum attachments but still prefer the k-50 for using the smaller cables and drums.. I'd like to try one though
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have rodded through a trap with my K-50 and its drum attachment. Thing with the K-50 is in the weather we are having I have to bring it in the home and let it warm up, cause its so cold the motor will not start due to the grease being frozen. Also that little bugger is heavy. I like how light this K-40B is only 24 pounds. You can run it with out the guide hose, and with the torque arm (a bracket that mounts on the end of the cable and keeps it from spinning in the drum.) you do not have to have a clutch on it like the pistol rods.

Attached Files

Comment

I too like the K-50 with drum attachment and that's all I used for years. It's compact size makes it great for snaking tubs but when doing lavy drains it was a bit of a bother.

I like to snake from above on lavys. The tripod legs never seem to fit well on the vanity top. Usually too far to reach if I set it on the toilet seat lid. Not to mention the splatter. So I was forced to pull 10 years worth of bath soaps, sponges, razor blades, facial cream, and a myriad of hazardous cleaning supplies from inside the vanity cabinet just to get to the trap. I'd spent more time pulling that crap out, cleaning the cabinet and putting it back than actually clearing the darn drain. I see mostly PVC LA traps here so getting through them without poking a hole in the bottom isn't an issue.

Most of my lavy stoppages are just soap and hair. Usually nothing major. The Auto-Spin has worked great for me but still feels like a kids toy.

I think I'll upgrade to the K-40. I like the idea of the battery too. Didn't know that was even an option. Only half the bathrooms here have an electrical outlet.

Ya know, if I didn't read this damn Forum, I wouldn't want these things!!!

Rick, give me your best price on your K-40

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  With the end cut off it just squeezes thru the slot and goes on thru...

Must be a very tight squeeze

Comment

The bulb will screw itself through alot of those. The side slots.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Must be a very tight squeeze

A 1/4" open wound bulb auger will wind it's way through that strainer but it's kinda a PITA. 5/16" thinking not but haven't tried it. I've had to pry the gap open a wee bit with a screwdriver.

Sometimes I look at a drain under a cabinet and just don't want to deal with taking it apart.

Comment

Which battery does it use?

Comment

14.4 Makita. Generation before the current ones. Like in the impact driver I've posted.

J.C.

Comment

Ridgid better ramp up production

I feel a run of K-40 sales coming on

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              A 1/4" open wound bulb auger will wind it's way through that strainer but it's kinda a PITA. 5/16" thinking not but haven't tried it. I've had to pry the gap open a wee bit with a screwdriver.

Sometimes I look at a drain under a cabinet and just don't want to deal with taking it apart.
                              Yes, yes. Sometimes you know there is a 70% chance of getting through the strainer and getting it all done without breaking through the trap whereas you know there is a 90% chance that whole assembly is gonna' fall apart when you touch it.

Meanwhile, you only have 1 trap on the truck and 5 more calls scheduled.

Plus whatever is underneath. I went to one lady's house and opened the cabinet doors to find every Tupperware and Cool Whip lid misplaced on the East Coast.

They literally went from floor to bottom of the sink. From cabinet door to back of the cabinet.

I think the main reason I like to go from the top is that I can see the water leave and then I can continue to run water & soap to clean the cable before/while retracting.

Ain't always easy though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                                Ya know, if I didn't read this damn Forum, I wouldn't want these things!!!

Rick, give me your best price on your K-40
                                bill, i'm not endorsing it, but if you really want my snake

for you, 3bills delivered

but don't come back and say i didn't warn you

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X