Marco cable in General Machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco cable in General Machine

Just wondering if anyone has ever used a Marco 5/8 cable in A general mainline machine (up to 3/4 cable)? Here in hawaii getting the correct parts can be hard.

Re: Marco cable in General Machine

Shouldn't have any problems....I'm using a Spartan cable in a Marco machine....

If the machine uses an anchor cable, you'll need to put the correct end on the anchor to attach the new cable.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I use a Ridgid drum with a General Wire cable...but as mentioned before me have to keep same brand anchor in machine....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        I use a Ridgid drum with a General Wire cable...but as mentioned before me have to keep same brand anchor in machine....
        You can keep the Ridgid anchor in your machine they do make an adapter to go from Ridgid end to General end.

Thing is General, Ridgid, Spartan, Eel, and most other manufactures all use left hand wound cable, so you can always get the cable you like and install the your preferred ends. As you can see in this picture from Drain Cables Direct there are a handful of different types of ends.

Now here is the thing about Marco, their cable is right hand wound. The ends in the picture all will only screw into left hand wound cable. So no matter what machine you have if you want to use Marco cable you have to use their anchor, but if you want any other brand cable you can use any anchor of your choosing as long as you have the matching end of your choice.

Last edited by SewerRatz; 01-27-2011, 09:01 AM.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          You can keep the Ridgid anchor in your machine they do make an adapter to go from Ridgid end to General end.

Thing is General, Ridgid, Spartan, Eel, and most other manufactures all use left hand wound cable, so you can always get the cable you like and install the your preferred ends. As you can see in this picture from Drain Cables Direct there are a handful of different types of ends.

Now here is the thing about Marco, their cable is right hand wound. The ends in the picture all will only screw into left hand wound cable. So no matter what machine you have if you want to use Marco cable you have to use their anchor, but if you want any other brand cable you can use any anchor of your choosing as long as you have the matching end of your choice.

HMMM....very interesting...but don't know much about Marco...but I learned something today!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X