X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Readying for a tuffy

Laundry , backed up sewer . Gonna run a utility pump down the floor drain so they can run washing machines for a couple hours..As soon as the pump gets hooked up . In goes the 7/8" reverse auger..2 other "guys" have been there to try and snake it.. Both hit something @ about 60' ...Wish me luck ..More details to follow
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Readying for a tuffy

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Laundry , backed up sewer . Gonna run a utility pump down the floor drain so they can run washing machines for a couple hours..As soon as the pump gets hooked up . In goes the 7/8" reverse auger..2 other "guys" have been there to try and snake it.. Both hit something @ about 60' ...Wish me luck ..More details to follow

No worries, that reverse auger should plow right through it

Comment

Update... The reverse auger did plow right through it. Pulled back a lot of lint ..Ran right past 60' where the other guys couldn't get past..Ran out to 90' and snaked it 3 times..Tested everything , the washing machine with the 3" discharge was dumping like a champ and nothing coming back Shooooo!.Felt good to get that one clear..Oh and no lint trap serving the trough drain for the washing machines..I'll post a few pics after a while.. So for now code green
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good job! Looks like the reverse auger prevails yet again!

Rick, too bad you never patented the idea....or did you?
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

just an idea, nothing to patent.

it's a proven method by me and others that running a cable in reverse is not going to harm it. plus no need to buy a factory auger and have them break at the weld/ connector.

of course it only works on a sectional machine

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

it's a proven method by me and others that running a cable in reverse is not going to harm it. plus no need to buy a factory auger and have them break at the weld/ connector.

rick.
            Did you forget that Eel makes an adapter so you can use their 1 1/4 cutters on a drum machine? So if you have an Eel cable that is kinked you can cut it and remove the inner cable and have yourself a reverse auger that will work on a drum machine.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              No doubt we run 3/4 innercore marco cables in reverse all the time.....but with a drum machine when we run it in reverse you hafta be careful or the cable will jump out of the machine....no powerfeed either we push it and pull it and run out up to 225'. Itsa workout and will put a back on ya like a gorilla

If we run it down a vent on the roof we leave the machine on the ground and run it through the top rung of the ladder and feed it into the vent.....I'm on the roof while another guy operates the foot pedal.....real safe set up I had a general hand crank machine that my helper cut his finger off with....it was hanging by tissue and the bone was broke,it was hanging but not completely severed. The machine torque up and hte fools hand sliped off the handle and he attempted to stop the un-winding drum.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Update... The reverse auger did plow right through it. Pulled back a lot of lint ..Ran right past 60' where the other guys couldn't get past..Ran out to 90' and snaked it 3 times..Tested everything , the washing machine with the 3" discharge was dumping like a champ and nothing coming back Shooooo!.Felt good to get that one clear..Oh and no lint trap serving the trough drain for the washing machines..I'll post a few pics after a while.. So for now code green

I called it right !!!

Happy... happy... joy... joy...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  No doubt we run 3/4 innercore marco cables in reverse all the time.....but with a drum machine when we run it in reverse you hafta be careful or the cable will jump out of the machine....no powerfeed either we push it and pull it and run out up to 225'. Itsa workout and will put a back on ya like a gorilla

If we run it down a vent on the roof we leave the machine on the ground and run it through the top rung of the ladder and feed it into the vent.....I'm on the roof while another guy operates the foot pedal.....real safe set up I had a general hand crank machine that my helper cut his finger off with....it was hanging by tissue and the bone was broke,it was hanging but not completely severed. The machine torque up and hte fools hand sliped off the handle and he attempted to stop the un-winding drum.
                  I ran a marco long enough to know it will eat you up. If you dont get off the foot switch, as soon as it gets wound on any thing too tight .. A right wound cable with no power feed is a accident waiting to happen.
                  Never once have i had my Model D Eel run out on me
                  Be Careful ..Fingers dont grow back

Comment

Working...
                  X