Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MicroReel Came Today....

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    yes it will. but it will not tell you what's wrong with the pipe or if the line is clean.

i have at least 6 different sondes and carriers for them. ever since buying a camera about 15 years ago, i can't remember the last time i used a sonde. even if it's just for a locate the line call.

the camera and sonde combination is a win, win deal.

anyone interested in sondes and carriers, i can make you a deal even on locators some new

rick / ridgid close enough

rick.
    how much for one or poasably two sondes as all I have is the micro real 100' so I think It might be good to have a sonde fo the deep stuff over 8-12' I dont think the battery operatted micro real will locate that deep but you might know but even still and a 7/8" adapter and or 5/8" PS do you take PayPall
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Why do I have an 1100 sq. ft carpentry weld shop.?
      I can have subs do it ALL!
      Thats what Ridigd said about their power tools...why build them when we can have it done. Companies do it all the time.
      if I used a camera once a month I would buy one.....if I used it once every 3 months I would buy one.....but fact is i only need one every couple years. For those who use cameras alot they are great but there just isn't a big need for me to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        Thats what Ridigd said about their power tools...why build them when we can have it done. Companies do it all the time.
        if I used a camera once a month I would buy one.....if I used it once every 3 months I would buy one.....but fact is i only need one every couple years. For those who use cameras alot they are great but there just isn't a big need for me to have one.

Sounds to me like the cost don't justify your use...but if you ever come across a good deal...still would be worth it!
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

What are you talking about making assumptions? I talking about screwing the sonde on a drain cable...sending it down the line and then locating it in the front yard etc etc so i can dig it up and install a cleanout. It should get me over the sonde and tell me how deep it is.
          I was looking for a septic tank at a place where the installer must have been and idiot. Anyhow the pipe turned 90* straight down twice. You're sonde will get "lost" in those situations. It can be a real headscratcher.

When locating drainfields sometimes we assume where the end of the line is due to not being able to push further. However it could be roots. If the line is under a building there is no way to know for sure. A camera will tell you for sure.

I'm not trying to bust your nuts here, I'm just sharing my experiences. Good luck with what ever you decide on.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            I was looking for a septic tank at a place where the installer must have been and idiot. Anyhow the pipe turned 90* straight down twice. You're sonde will get "lost" in those situations. It can be a real headscratcher.

When locating drainfields sometimes we assume where the end of the line is due to not being able to push further. However it could be roots. If the line is under a building there is no way to know for sure. A camera will tell you for sure.

I'm not trying to bust your nuts here, I'm just sharing my experiences. Good luck with what ever you decide on.
            If you cant get a drain line open,do you run your camera in that drain if you need to locate it and access it at a different point?

I dont do the type of work you do but if I did what you do I would buy one. My business is geared more toward fixture repairs and replacemnts,custom remodels,water heater repairs and replacemnts,repipes through the attic,etc etc....not drain cleaning. I install cleanouts and make connections for new baths a few times a year and it would be nice to be able to locate the pipe. I usually just listen for the cable turning...sewers are shallow here,but when you work alone or alot of ambient noise,you cant hear the cable.....and I would also like an idea of how deep so I can decide to get equipment or hand dig.
            Last edited by TheMaster; 01-29-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

If you cant get a drain line open,do you run your camera in that drain if you need to locate it and access it at a different point?

I dont do the type of work you do but if I did what you do I would buy one. My business is geared more toward fixture repairs and replacemnts,custom remodels,water heater repairs and replacemnts,repipes through the attic,etc etc....not drain cleaning. I install cleanouts and make connections for new baths a few times a year and it would be nice to be able to locate the pipe. I usually just listen for the cable turning...sewers are shallow here,but when you work alone or alot of ambient noise,you cant hear the cable.....and I would also like an idea of how deep so I can decide to get equipment or hand dig.
              You would very happy with a sonde and locator. Heck even if I personaly only needed a camera 6 times a year I would turn the work over to someone else. video inspection around here is $150.00 bucks. why would I bother.

Comment

I don't have a camera yet. I hope to remedy that this year. We had a job just the other day that a plumber friend of mine sent us on. He couldn't get the line open. We suspect the tank is under the patio. A camera with sonde would tell us that right away. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Real estate evaluations will be another good use for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  Wow I use the compact for most of my work because it is lighter to carry but sometimes it can not make the long or stubborn runs and then I use the fullsize. The fullsize has a stiffer cable and that's where it shines! 3" on up it rolls past bends with ease.
                  No this one ..probably the guy just didn't know what the hell he was doing..
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I been using a full size for 17+ years now. Went through many 4" traps, and no issues what so ever making 4" 90's .
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Just like Christmas around here today

65' MicroDrain drum should be here shortly.

Gotta go play now..............

hope my link worked and soon you get the free battery for a spare cause it is worth it and I hope you like the micro real as much as I have liked mine but remumber Ridgid takes there time mailing them took a month for me to get it but I am sure joush could help if you have a problem
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Just like Christmas around here today

65' MicroDrain drum should be here shortly.

Gotta go play now..............

It seems your thread went sideways. Enjoy your new toys!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                          It seems your thread went sideways. Enjoy your new toys!

It's all good knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            save your money. a $20.00 tile probe will tell you where the pipe is and how deep it is too

a camera will tell you where the problem is and everything you could possibly need to know.

if you want a inexpensive camera to get you started, i'm sure i have many extras i can part with for under 2k.

or i have tile probes, water probes and drill bit probes from $20- $100.

locating the pipe and locating the problem are 2 different things. my cleanout installs are located with a camera to tell me where the cast to clay transition is, where the change of direction is, where the problem is, and where the city connection is along with the total distance.

not to mention a camera locate is much faster than a sonde locate.

rick.

Get ahold of me and let me know what cameras you have available. Nothing here is over 100' and a simple Black and white would work great for what I would use it for.
                            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                            X