2" coupling in a 3" pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2" coupling in a 3" pipe

gene, can you stage the equipment for a photo shot now that you're home.

i'm trying to picture what sounds like a toggle bolt setup

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      gene, can you stage the equipment for a photo shot now that you're home.

I'm trying to picture what sounds like a toggle bolt setup

rick.
      Tomorrow is looking like a snow day (Yeah, WHATEVER T-shirt boy, save your comments)

I was thinking I might post some "re-enactment" pics.
      That abortion of a contraption is hard to put into words.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

had a similar one, though not as tough as no 90's

wash machine plugged up tight, cant get anything through, just laughs at me.

cam... what is that... slowly dawns that I am looking at printing on the side of a pipe.

the washer box drain san-t's right into a 3" stack. The 3" goes strait to the roof as a vent. at the roof, it necks to 2". Metal roof with 4' of snow on it. roof slid, tore vent loose, 2" fell down 3 stories inside the three inch to the bottom floor lodging at a bend, and was long enough that it stuck up far enough to block the washer drain.

roped off, dumped the roof, dropped a string with a bolt cut off to 2 3/4" tied to it, swore at cam screen for 1/2 hr until I got it to catch right and then pulled it right out.

Nice work on your job. Sorry re van; got one with another dead fuel pump (waiting on parts... dealer=$512, i-net genuine GM=$300 + 3 days shipped) taking up my good bay right now. GM... that nissan van looks better and better.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          had a similar one, though not as tough as no 90's

wash machine plugged up tight, cant get anything through, just laughs at me.

cam... what is that... slowly dawns that I am looking at printing on the side of a pipe.

the washer box drain san-t's right into a 3" stack. The 3" goes strait to the roof as a vent. at the roof, it necks to 2". Metal roof with 4' of snow on it. roof slid, tore vent loose, 2" fell down 3 stories inside the three inch to the bottom floor lodging at a bend, and was long enough that it stuck up far enough to block the washer drain.

roped off, dumped the roof, dropped a string with a bolt cut off to 2 3/4" tied to it, swore at cam screen for 1/2 hr until I got it to catch right and then pulled it right out.

Nice work on your job. Sorry re van; got one with another dead fuel pump (waiting on parts... dealer=$512, i-net genuine GM=$300 + 3 days shipped) taking up my good bay right now. GM... that nissan van looks better and better.

I'm too drunk too decipher all this.... will read tomorrow

Comment

Attach hose to your pipe freeze kit and attach that to your jetter hose,letting the freeze line be about 12" longer. Let the jetter run you up to the coupling and use your camera to make sure your in position. Remove the camera some and freeze the coupling. Pull everything out and run the cutter i there and break it.

Sounds good on paper You did good,you got the job done.

Comment

slip but
              Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              , swore at cam screen for 1/2 hr until I got it to catch right and then pulled it right out.

I have a mouth like a pirate, but one thing I noticed was these folks didn't cuss at all. I let a F-bomb or two slipbut over all I did pretty good.

Van is all good thanks to the customer (Joe) and Randy's auto.
              On Joe's referral we had AAA tow it to Randy's Auto in Skowhegan 70mi away (7mi from home).
              Joe gave us a ride to Skowhegan as he was going home and it was on his way. Buddy picked us up and brought us home.

Randy's got it in early A.M. and $40 later we are back on the road.

Ace

RE: New Castle.
              I think my shipment is on the way. Should arrive by Monday, beginning to wonder though??? Almost starting to think I should have just paid you to check it out and ship.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                I'm too drunk too decipher all this.... will read tomorrow
                Hey now. Save it for the Super Bowl!
                When the Steelers kick GB's azz you can can whine and not understand all you want!

GO STEELERS!!!!

Can you decipher that cheese ball??

Comment

i'm glad you got it out Gene! I believe a well built retrieval tool built to go along with the camera is whats needed.

Ridgid----- If you build it we will buy it

Comment

Beer and ice fishing , crap in the woods, dummies
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Nice job Gene
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Beer and ice fishing , crap in the woods, dummies

Way too much snow for that. They would end up with frostbite on their bumms.

Comment

No re-enactment picks today.
                          Nice lazy snow day.
                          Didn't even get out of my PJs till 3:00, well actually I just put pants on over them so I could plow the driveway (round one).

10 degrees out with a fair wind and a boat load of snow.
                          Today I just "can't want to" bother going out into the messy garage and shed. Plus I need a 3" 90 and a 2" coupling. Don't think I have a 2" coupling.

I have 3" 90 and pipe (SMH guide) but that's on the roof rack of the van under a foot of snow. Like I said, today I just can't want to bother.

I think I'll continue to sit on my lazy azz and watch another movie. I like a nice lazy day now and then and today feels like a rainy Sunday afternoon with nothing to do but veg.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........(streaching)....tuff day.....

Now if I could only get True Grit on Netflix or PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            i'm trying to picture what sounds like a toggle bolt setup

rick.
                            Forgot to comment on that.

Joe's father ended up coming into the BR with one about 10 seconds after we got it out.

It fit the inner lip perfect and I think it may have worked better if we found a way to attach it to something but none of us where willing to force the coupling back in just to see

Comment

Working...
                            X