Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New name is the SNOWBUS!

New name is the SNOWBUS!

I had a call yesterday afternoon in a 1 horse town. 1 stop light that’s it. The customer has a drive way that is ½ mile long. It was snowing like a SOB. I can barely make out the drive way. I get things flowing. Took about an hour.
    I leave and can’t tell where the road is?

Well I make it down the driveway and turn left, I am slipping a bit. All of a sudden I notice my rear bumper is dragging snow. At this point if I stop I am stuck. So I figure I may as well keep going to see if I make it. Worse comes to worse I get stuck? Well about half a mile down the road. I notice I just drove ½ mile down a snowmobile trial… I did make it to another road, but barley… I guess having a truck that is 18000 Plus is a good thing now and again…
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: New name is the SNOWBUS!

What the deal 3 inches yesterday, 6 last night and ten more to come. I did back down a long steep lake driveway to pump a holding tank yesterday. I was soooooo happy I got out of there. Trying not to track snow in the HO house, unplowed driveways, and people driving like fools. All this snow has to melt and that means work. Frozen roof drain are coming.

Comment

i know how you feel

had to turn on the wipers to intermittent on sunday

of course monday was a tee shirt day

where's the photos

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Im in Ozaukee County... 1 County north of Milwaukee.. We got 8" yesterday & we are getting 12 to 18" right now....I blew 8" out of the driveway today with my trusty John Deere 3210 snowblower.... And tomarrow ever more...Hey Sewerratz I think you guys in Chicago are worse off than us cheezeheads....ha. Your getting hit bad !

Comment

Someone wanted pics? Tonight from NW side of Chicago.
          Attached Files

Comment

you guys are pansies.

5' last week, -20 (that's temp, not bs pansy 'windchill') tonight
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Do you Northerners get any work done on days like this

Comment

Pretty much everything here in Chicago is closed today.

A few more pics from this morning.
                Attached Files

Comment

My morning plowing.
                  Attached Files
                  Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                  1-920-284-7471

Comment

Here's the view out my window. Nowhere near what Chicago got, we had a ton of rain last night. Just switched back to snow a few hrs ago.

Attached Files

Comment

Just opened my patio door, got at least a 3' snow drift in front of my patio.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by SewerRatz; 02-02-2011, 11:10 AM.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

~ -40F lows last two nights, warmer now, near zero even after dark. supposed to be about +30 high tomorrow. Coldest I've ever been in, anywhere.

Every building even slightly prone to freezing has frozen and refrozen.

Have thawed sewer lines in one complex at least 4 times last two days (has sewer running in 'heated' chases in exposed carport-like garages... nice idea, for florida).

Did one I have to go back to tomorrow. plumber came, leaks were from wax rings on frozen sewer lines. By the time I got there a 3/4 water line froze and blew a joint, so he came back and fixed that, then we got the water lines thawed, then I started on the sewer lines. The whole system is frozen; I've got to do each fixture. I bailed out after I got toilets working for all units and return tomorrow for sinks and tubs.

I thawed a frozen glycol mix baseboard heat line this am. Honest to god. Glycol. That is the most impressive demonstration of cold I've ever seen.

Out til 3am last night, rolling 7am to 9:30 pm today. epic. phone is off. Ace Sewer and Drain is too tired to work anymore 'til tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 02-04-2011, 01:36 AM.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Holy smokes! I hope you can keep up with it all.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Its cold here to..They already called school off because we might get 1" of snow today

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                              Its cold here to..They already called school off because we might get 1" of snow today

That's about what they do here. Of course no one out here in Oregon can drive in snow.
                              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                              X