My advertising is working!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My advertising is working!

When you sponsor little Billy's T ball team mom and dad remember that and call you. Then the word of mouth spreads. I try to remember to pin my cards up at all the bulletin boards around at the little markets. I'm not real good about it but I try. Anytime you can get your name in front of them builds brand recognition.

I met a guy from Alaska at the pumper show years ago and what he told me was "be the expert". That is kind of along the lines of my little stories with helpfull maintenance tips in the paper. You might check with your local paper and see if they would let you author a column once a month about septic maintenance.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
      So how do they determine if it's over 1/3 full? Do you get to go check it or is that a county job?
      The HO is responable to contract with a company to have the inspection and pumping done if needed. They have 3 months to get their paper in to the county or a fine is mailed out. It makes for a ton of work. It also leads to a ton of price shoppers and paper work. People get upset when their system require more work to pass the inpection. "The last guy pasted it". If the countys find any funny busniess you can loss your business.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
        The HO is responable to contract with a company to have the inspection and pumping done if needed. They have 3 months to get their paper in to the county or a fine is mailed out. It makes for a ton of work. It also leads to a ton of price shoppers and paper work. People get upset when their system require more work to pass the inpection. "The last guy pasted it". If the countys find any funny busniess you can loss your business.
        It sounds to me like you are battling the low price "#1 in the #2 business" guys. If everyone would do a good job and not lowball, then it should work out. I'm sorry it's not. Those guys just don't understand that they are training the customer to beat you up on price, service and everything else they can.

Comment

We have cheap disposal that is good and it bad. We are in the middle of the road on price. I cut my prices ten bucks last year to see it we could make it up in volume. The two guys who were always the cheapest were pissed. Bigger truck is going to help get more done faster. Some days
          I think I should go work for the goverment.

Comment

We started an ad campaign in a couple of different markets this week. It's an extra section to the local paper called the community connection. If you run a big enough ad you can put in a few paragraph story in as well. I usually run a story about septic maintenance and sometimes about portable toilet rentals for special events depending on the time of year.

I've already had two confirmed calls and one more that I suspect is from the ad as well. One of the confirmed calls booked for today and tomorrows first job is the suspected call. Nice!

Hopefully the dividends will continue.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
              We have cheap disposal that is good and it bad. We are in the middle of the road on price. I cut my prices ten bucks last year to see it we could make it up in volume. The two guys who were always the cheapest were pissed. Bigger truck is going to help get more done faster. Some days
              I think I should go work for the goverment.

Did you get enough extra jobs to make up for the price cut? I'm not being a smartass, just curious.

Comment

Guys, don't judge your advertising by how many calls you get soon. Or "who's gonna go out to the ball field and get my #?" It's all good! It's all branding. The point of most advertising is to brand your name into the minds of people. So when they do have a problem they think of you first. They might not remember where they saw your name but they will remember you. Did you know Marlboro was #30 is popularity before it branded is self as "the cowboy cigarette" and tried to give itself that macho image? Not only that after 2 years and millions spent they were only #27. It took them 10 years to get to #1. Advertising and branding take time, be patient.

I am doing multiple forms of advertisement. I do like to know what works best, which is why I always ask my customers how they found us. Sometimes people say "I saw your name somewhere a few times and when I needed a plumber I googled you". Thats great! That means all of my forms of advertising are working. My branding is taking an effect if these people automatically think of my company when they need a plumber.

Obviously you should put more money into the forms that work the best but again be patient with those that don't and remember its all branding.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                  Guys, don't judge your advertising by how many calls you get soon. Or "who's gonna go out to the ball field and get my #?" It's all good! It's all branding. The point of most advertising is to brand your name into the minds of people. So when they do have a problem they think of you first. They might not remember where they saw your name but they will remember you. Did you know Marlboro was #30 is popularity before it branded is self as "the cowboy cigarette" and tried to give itself that macho image? Not only that after 2 years and millions spent they were only #27. It took them 10 years to get to #1. Advertising and branding take time, be patient.

I am doing multiple forms of advertisement. I do like to know what works best, which is why I always ask my customers how they found us. Sometimes people say "I saw your name somewhere a few times and when I needed a plumber I googled you". Thats great! That means all of my forms of advertising are working. My branding is taking an effect if these people automatically think of my company when they need a plumber.

Obviously you should put more money into the forms that work the best but again be patient with those that don't and remember its all branding.
                  That is exactly right. That's why I've kept the same logo and truck colors that my dad started with 30 years ago. My portable toilets are all (mostly) the same color too. You want them to know it's you by one look. Then they look for you. My Google places reports tell me that the number one search for me is by my business name, every month.

Comment

That is exactly right. That's why I've kept the same logo and truck colors that my dad started with 30 years ago. My portable toilets are all (mostly) the same color too. You want them to know it's you by one look. Then they look for you. My Google places reports tell me that the number one search for me is by my business name, every month.
                    Thats what my google Adwords is telling me too...
                    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                    X