Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Code change

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
    Or you can do this!
    yep .....My biggest issue with going through a stack vent . Is that most are 3" which limits the size of the head I can run to clear a main sewer stoppage..Trust me I have done quite a few and still prefer dropping right into 4" . Whether that means pulling/ resetting a toilet or whatever. Alot of times even when you have access to a wide open stack it will be a 3" test tee with a piece of 3" till is turns to 4" under the slab..Again not my ideal access for cleaning a main sewer stoppage.. There are plenty of people that even use the 3" floor drains in basements to clear a sewer stoppage , just because thats where it starts backing up..According to our code a trap / floor drain is not an acceptable cleanout for clearing a sewer stoppage..But it happens every day..I know sometimes I can barely get my reverse auger (7/8") through a 3" floor drain..I like installing "cleanouts" that are "readily accessible" ...Who knows when I'll be back
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OLD1; 02-05-2011, 12:11 AM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

IF YOU OWN A K-60

Comment

Just need a 20'x4" RoPump. Better eat your Wheaties.

J.C.

Comment

Or you can do this!
          Believe it or not, going to the roof is frowned upon where I live. I've had quite a few customers tell me "So & so wanted to go to my roof with his drain machine..absolutely NOT" they said.

These were 2 story colonials I'm talking about with a whicked roof pitch.

That's why I'm glad we have clean-outs & traps out in the yards here.
          Last edited by Flux; 02-05-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

You can keep those building traps.

Comment

You can keep those building traps.
              We certainly will.

Comment

When do you think code will change to set places up for jetting? A boars head factory in holland Mi. redid there entire under ground in stainless and has it all set up with reverse c.o's for jetting.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  man oh boy howdy. it was not pretty. i thought I had it under control, NOPE. I haven't had one get away from me like that in a long time.
                  On the plus side a sewage laden shower might be just the thing to jump start your immune system.

I recall once when I got a dollop of sewage ejector pit cheese thrown into my left eye from a cable tie end that suddenly broke free from a larger chunk of cheese. GROSS! Aids or Hepatitis... My eyeball was blood red for a couple weeks. No aids or Hep though.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    man oh boy howdy. it was not pretty. i thought I had it under control, NOPE. I haven't had one get away from me like that in a long time.
                    Hope you've had your shots.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X