Open wind cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open wind cables

oldie. mine came with cables all lose in baskets. rick clued me in to snapping them back together in baskets. breid...............

Comment

Not tallking so much about storage..I connect em' together and feed them back into the cage for storage..I was just talking about how easy the cables stick together ..Tighter wound cables would not be such a Pain in the as* to deal with..
      Last edited by OLD1; 02-07-2011, 07:33 PM.
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        I swear at the 2:30 mark in the video the cable is feeding through the machine and he is having to stop and feed it back or it would wrap him up
        Like Rick said, the cable feed itself into the drain, but not through the machine. Just lift the clutch, pull some through the machine, depress the clutch, it will feed into the drain.

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        How does pushing and pulling 100' of cable with one arm work out? Seems like with one hand on the lever and the other on the cable fatigue would set in.
        It's not too bad once you get used to it. Very methodical you just have to get into a rhythm with it and it goes very fast. with many drains you can just push the cable in until you get to the blockage or a bend and then run the machine. I'm pretty quick and can get the cable in and out pretty quick.

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        Not tallking so much about storage..I connect em' together and feed them back into the cage for storage..I was just talking about how easy the cables stick together ..Tighter wound cables would not be such a Pain in the as* to deal with..

The innercore cables are easier to load, unload out of the cages, mostly because they are stiffer. The C-10's are pretty flimsy and will get caught up on each other. I tend to have more issues with the C-10's than the c-14's for the same reason (I only use the c-14's for the most part now).

also, I keep my cables in either the eel cages which are a little bit bigger than the Ridge cages. My 1.25" cables are kept in old tires. which are really easy to load and unload.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          ).

also, I keep my cables in either the eel cages which are a little bit bigger than the Ridge cages. My 1.25" cables are kept in old tires. which are really easy to load and unload.
          I have some spare eel cages too This is my plan to use on the General IC cables for my K60
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

(The only reason I would not use the tires is I would be worried about the cables sitting in water. The cages let em' drain out and dry off quickly..)

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post

(The only reason I would not use the tires is I would be worried about the cables sitting in water. The cages let em' drain out and dry off quickly..)
              Fair enough. I actually like them for the reason that they contain the residual water on the way out. I also like rolling them around as opposed to carrying them.

I oil my cables after each job.

Comment

Fair enough. I actually like them for the reason that they contain the residual water on the way out. I also like rolling them around as opposed to carrying them.

I oil my cables after each job.
                Right on. I too think the tire idea is a good one for rolling the cables in and out of a job , and if unfinished basement stairs ..roll em' .I have seen a lot of guys using either old motorcycle tires or small tires esp. for the 1 1/4" cables..wd40 for mine after each use..well almost every use

Comment

I roll my 100'+ of cable in my Spartan 300

Comment

good 1 I like that 1
                    Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      I roll my 100'+ of cable in my Spartan 300
                      And do you use that .55 cable in 6" clay sewers?

Comment

And do you use that .55 cable in 6" clay sewers?

Yes, I have no choice. Have to be very careful.

I think I'll be looking to get a drill setup down the road. But then again I'm going on 9 months with my 300 as my only main line machine.

It's not all about the power, just gotta know how to move it

Comment

Back on topic

When wrapping spin the basket not the cable!!!

I have no troubles

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                            Back on topic

When wrapping spin the basket not the cable!!!

I have no troubles
                            JH, The 7/8 IC comes out of the cage just as easy as the 1.25 eel IC ?
                            The regular 7/8 sticks a little but not to much of a problem when pulling out of the cage.
                            Rod

Comment

Rod your correct

The 7/8" ic is a breeze!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                                Yes, I have no choice. Have to be very careful.

I think I'll be looking to get a drill setup down the road. But then again I'm going on 9 months with my 300 as my only main line machine.

It's not all about the power, just gotta know how to move it
                                Well to me it is about the power..I'm not bringing a "pea shooter" to a gun match..

Comment

Working...
                                X