Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Open wind cables Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Open wind cables

    Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Well to me it is about the power..I'm not bringing a "pea shooter" to a gun match..

    Pee shooter... It hasn't let me down yet and I've opened close to 500 main lines

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Open wind cables

      Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Pee shooter... It hasn't let me down yet and I've opened close to 500 main lines
      Do you do mostly 4" or mostly 6"?

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Open wind cables

        Originally posted by swade plumbing View Post
        do you do mostly 4" or mostly 6"?

        4"

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Open wind cables

          Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Well to me it is about the power..I'm not bringing a "pea shooter" to a gun match..
          Have you ever used a Spartan 300? It has the same darn motor as the 1065 or a Ridgid K-7500. It's just smaller and is direct drive vs. the belt driven 1065. I think it's roughly equivalent to a Ridgid K-6200.

          It has plenty of power, it just can't run 3/4" or 11/16" cable.

          That's how I understand it at least.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Open wind cables

            Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            4"
            Then you've got the right machine for your work. If you do 6" you might get in trouble once in a while. I got a 5/8" cable stuck in a 6" line once and had to get a 3/4" cable and then the 1500 out to free it from the nasty root ball I was on.

            A K-60 would be nice if you ever have to do crawlspaces or roofs.

            Also, they make the eel J-cable that is rated to 4" or 6" (not sure). It's 7/8" 6' sections and can be spun with the drill adapter too.
            A lot of guys in St. Louis use that set up.
            I'd like to try it in my K-60 as well.
            Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Open wind cables

              Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              Have you ever used a Spartan 300? It has the same darn motor as the 1065 or a Ridgid K-7500. It's just smaller and is direct drive vs. the belt driven 1065. I think it's roughly equivalent to a Ridgid K-6200.

              It has plenty of power, it just can't run 3/4" or 11/16" cable.

              That's how I understand it at least.


              He is just picking on my Chevy because I picked on his Ford

              Good clean fun

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Open wind cables

                Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                He is just picking on my Chevy because I picked on his Ford

                Good clean fun
                Ford...I think the k-60 is more like a Lincoln Navigator..Smooooth sailin' All in good fun...
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                Comment

                Working...
                X