X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open wind cables

Gotta admit I am getting pretty tired of em'..I know the open wind design is for grabbing but.What a struggle..The 7/8" are constantly interlocking while you are trying to uncage , layout, etc..I know there is a tighter wound cable but I am sure they are twice as heavy and twice the price.. and probably wont grab as much..Just me or does anyone else have this problem..Other than that ..The k-60 is my baby
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Open wind cables

i find that if i connect them together, they wind up and unwind without an issue. i do 90' in the cage.

it's when i have 6 loose cables and 12 loose ends that i get into a knot.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Gotta admit I am getting pretty tired of em'..I know the open wind design is for grabbing but.What a struggle..The 7/8" are constantly interlocking while you are trying to uncage , layout, etc..I know there is a tighter wound cable but I am sure they are twice as heavy and twice the price.. and probably wont grab as much..Just me or does anyone else have this problem..Other than that ..The k-60 is my baby
      I have this issue with my 7/8 open wind cables too. My eel 1.25 I.C no problem with grabbing or getting stuck in the cage. Wonder if the General 7/8 I.C would be the same as the 1.25 and not get stuck in the cage?
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post

Struggle... interlocking..... uncage..... layout..... etc......

Very unfamiliar terms......

Good to be a drum guy

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Struggle... interlocking..... uncage..... layout..... etc......

Very unfamiliar terms......

Good to be a drum guy

Asstyme won that round with a knockdown and the competition is slow getting up

Comment

Like Rick, I find that if I keep them all connected I don't have that problem. Even if it does happen it still beats having to lug around a 300lb machine. Especially when you're by yourself.

But lets not start the drum vs. sectional debate again please.
            Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
            Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Wil the K-60 spin the cable without feeding it at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                Wil the K-60 spin the cable without feeding it at the same time?
                K60 only spins does not feed. I wish it had a switch like on a power feeder. With my drum DM-55 I can use the power feeder to pull the cable back with water running and get a very clean sewer from the house to the city.
                But it's a very big machine. The k60 is a very good mid range machine for roofs and tight spaces.
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                  Even if it does happen it still beats having to lug around a 300lb machine.

Spartan 300 with 107' of .55 magnum weighs in at 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                    K60 only spins does not feed. I wish it had a switch like on a power feeder. With my drum DM-55 I can use the power feeder to pull the cable back with water running and get a very clean sewer from the house to the city.
                    But it's a very big machine. The k60 is a very good mid range machine for roofs and tight spaces.
                    I watch the k-60 video that ridgid made with that guy the size of a gorilla throwing a k60 around. It looks like he hits the lever and the machine starts to feed the cable into the drain and when the cable torques up and quits feeding into the drain...the cable keeps feeding and he has to stop and feed it by hand back through the machine.

I wouldn't like that.

Here watch this video and at the 2:30 mark is what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_HsR...layer_embedded
                    Last edited by TheMaster; 02-06-2011, 01:49 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

I watch the k-60 video that ridgid made with that guy the size of a gorilla throwing a k60 around. It looks like he hits the lever and the machine starts to feed the cable into the drain and when the cable torques up and quits feeding into the drain...the cable keeps feeding and he has to stop and feed it by hand back through the machine.

I wouldn't like that.
                      It just looks like it self feeds due to the spinning of the cable. Myself I thought the K60 self feed also but it just spins the cable and you advance about a foot and a half at a time by hand forming a half loop with slack in the cable from the clean out to your hand about a foot and a half is the only feed you have. It's still a good unit to have. I run Drum, K60, and drill and eel cable. Each will out do another in diffrent job Scenarios. The drill and eel cable will self feed and pull itself in and out of a sewer.
                      Rod

Comment

I swear at the 2:30 mark in the video the cable is feeding through the machine and he is having to stop and feed it back or it would wrap him up

Comment

I swear at the 2:30 mark in the video the cable is feeding through the machine and he is having to stop and feed it back or it would wrap him up
                          He looks to be forcing the cable in and may not have the handle fully pushed down causing some slip on the clutch pulling some of the cable out. Before for I bought a K60 I watched this video and thought the same thing you did.
                          Rod

Comment

I tell ya,that video is very deceiving then. They should re-make the video.
                            Every time I watch that part of the video i imagine myself hitting a ball of roots or a 90 degree turn..whatever and having to stop every 3 seconds and feed the cable backwards through the machine. That would be a deal breaker almost....I mean it would still work but would be a PITA.

Now could I connect a longer feed hose and load 30' into the machine at a time if I had the room to do so? Also do they make a innercore cable for the k-60?

Comment

the cable does self feed into a drain, but not through the machine.

in reverse it will thread its self in and forward it will thread its way out.

with the reverse auger, it threads its way in when going in the reverse motor direction.

of course with gravity from a roof vent, it threads it's way in.

it does not auto feed through the machine.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X