Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy customers

I got a call from one of my customers and she was off the walls angry
    There is water leaking from the back of my toilet there is water everywhere I'm not paying for this. I have spent $400 clearing my sewer over 2 years "Sag in sewer going to septic tank" She will not fix. Clean out is in basement wall about 40 feet from her first floor bathroom

Tank to bowl nut must have let go on her 35 Plus year old toilet and thinks it's my fault lol. Told her I have nothing to do with this we cleared your sewer from the clean out in the basement as noted on both of your slips we never touched your toilet. She goes crazy I simply said we have nothing to do with this. This is an issue with old plumbing that needs to be repaired. Got a call this morning from one of the local plumbers and he said wow this lady is off her rocker She did pay. It was a rusted out tank to bowl nut. He said I owe him a coffee after putting up with her and he never wants to deal with her again.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Crazy customers

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    I got a call from one of my customers and she was off the walls angry
    There is water leaking from the back of my toilet there is water everywhere I'm not paying for this. I have spent $400 clearing my sewer over 2 years "Sag in sewer going to septic tank" She will not fix. Clean out is in basement wall about 40 feet from her first floor bathroom

Tank to bowl nut must have let go on her 35 Plus year old toilet and thinks it's my fault lol. Told her I have nothing to do with this we cleared your sewer from the clean out in the basement as noted on both of your slips we never touched your toilet. She goes crazy I simply said we have nothing to do with this. This is an issue with old plumbing that needs to be repaired. Got a call this morning from one of the local plumbers and he said wow this lady is off her rocker She did pay. It was a rusted out tank to bowl nut. He said I owe him a coffee after putting up with her and he never wants to deal with her again.
    I had a customer blame me for her light on the front porch going out because I went in and out of the front door alot and it must have "shaken" the bulb loose. I had a ladys neighbor call me and say.."You were just at my neighbors house on ### Smith St. and I live at ### Smith St. and now my faucet is dripping .....whatever you did at her house must have increased the pressure in my house and you need to come put it back like it was" I was F'n speechless

Comment

Last time we were at her house was August of 2010 and here toilet tank started leaking yesterday feb 2011 lol
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

misery money if you go back. enough to make you smile while doing it. since you have been there and know how long will take. get your money up front in CASH. i've had several customers over the years like that. man i hate to miss that money. mostly totally unreasonable duffuses like this lady. breid..............

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          I had a customer blame me for her light on the front porch going out because I went in and out of the front door alot and it must have "shaken" the bulb loose. I had a ladys neighbor call me and say.."You were just at my neighbors house on ### Smith St. and I live at ### Smith St. and now my faucet is dripping .....whatever you did at her house must have increased the pressure in my house and you need to come put it back like it was" I was F'n speechless

I would say that those people are 4 steps above crazy!!! I have been accused of causing a sewer clog after replacing a customer supplied kitchen faucet....
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            I would say that those people are 4 steps above crazy!!! I have been accused of causing a sewer clog after replacing a customer supplied kitchen faucet....

I lost a smaller slumlord account last month. He said every time I clean his sewer on this particular house the upstairs kitchen sink or bathroom tub back up. The house has a basement equipped with a shower, wash tub, floor drain and cleanout.

He wanted me to come back and rod them for free. Told him (in a nice way) no can do

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I lost a smaller slumlord account last month. He said every time I clean his sewer on this particular house the upstairs kitchen sink or bathroom tub back up. The house has a basement equipped with a shower, wash tub, floor drain and cleanout.

He wanted me to come back and rod them for free. Told him (in a nice way) no can do
              Wisconsin... huh...its probably the same guy I saw on the news that got trapped under the snow for 4 hours by a snowplow....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                Wisconsin... huh...its probably the same guy I saw on the news that got trapped under the snow for 4 hours by a snowplow....

No, that was an elderly guy. Hard to believe he lived

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  No, that was an elderly guy. Hard to believe he lived

Damn lucky...think he was like 68....hope I can shovel snow at that age...WAIT I hope I live in tropical climate at 68!

Derek

Comment

I've had a few of those calls over the years also.

After I got done replacing a water heater, the customer tells me she just lost power in her living room on the other side of the house from the water heater. I look at it, and find when I flip the light switch, blue flames shoot out of it. I tell her to call an electrician to fix it. She thought maybe the vibration from lifting the new water heater onto the stand could have shook the wires loose and damaged the switch. Fortunately, I just had to explain to her that wasn't what happened, and I've done more jobs for her after that without any problems.

On another job, I was fixing a sewer line that the landscaper had broke. The neighbor comes up to me and is upset because she just got home and her lavatory sink faucet doesn't work. I explained to her that nothing I did on the neighbors property would make her sink stop working. If she wanted me to look at it, I would have to charge her. She left, and I'd guess that she still thinks I broke her sink.

The one that really got me upset was I was working on a remodel/addition of a home that included a new two story building. During construction, I had some water lines on the second floor that were turned off in the mechanical room, but not capped off upstairs. I turned the water on to the place after doing some work, and a little while later noticed it was raining inside the building. It turned out the kids that were living there had been playing with the valves in the mechanical room. I was frantic to shut the water back down and get the place dried out before much damage set in, and very, very upset. While we were on the second floor of the building cleaning up, the neighbor came over, seen the water on the floor, and demanded to know why his toilet stopped working. I lost my cool with that guy. I responded with a lot of choice words while I was pushing him off the property.

Comment

Working...
                    X