Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there really Three Rootranger Nozzles to choose from?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there really Three Rootranger Nozzles to choose from?

I've been reading up on the Rootranger Nozzle..I just feel it works better for lower GPM applications along with ease of maintenance and much less $$$$ than the Warthog...... I have found that they are available in several configurations.. The normal R3000 then the R3000 with front jet..Then you have the Large Rootranger and Double Barrel Rootrange from Jetters Edge... I have decided to purchase a 7GPM or 5.5 GPM...4K PSI..Portable Jetter w Onboard 12 Gal Tank... from American Jetter...Which of the above Rootrangers do you feel will work best for me on the 5.5 Gal and then on the 7 GPM pumps both with 4K PSI using 3/8" hose.....I will use it for residental lateral work ..mostly 4" transitioning to 6" ..I only will purchase one nozzle but if the larger Rootranger or the Double barrel will be a better choice I'd like to know.... Opinions ? Thanks Tom

Re: Are there really Three Rootranger Nozzles to choose from?

I would get set on the flow and pressure before buying any nozzles. These will play a big deal in getting the most out of your unit.

Comment

Not to crash the thread but I have a similar question. I would only use a jetter a few times a year. When I did use it,it would be to clean sludged up lines 4" and under.

I've found a few pressure washers with 3800psi and 4.0 gpm flow......One of them is a John Deere unit and its 1,000.00(if you live in St.Louis you can get a brand new one off ebay for 675.00 but they wont ship it) and the other one is a Craftsman and its also 1,000.00.

What foot pedal,hoses and what sizes,nozzels,hose reels? Is this enough pressure/flow to cut roots....if so what nozzels for that? The longest hose I would need would be 100'...but how long could I go with the hose?

I've seen those pulse valves..can those be used with the pressure washers above?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Thanks Dane....I havent decided which jetter to get but I have narrowed it down to the 5.5 or 7 GPM 4 K PSI.. I have also decided that my go to root cutting tool will be a Rootranger because of how good it is with lower GPM flows....I was thinking if I could find out which nozzle would work better for me I'd buy the better one... I think the 5.5 GPM will be ok but if the 7 GPM Jetter would be a better choice in the long run I'd just go that route.... The 7 GPM model only cost around $400.00 more.... I am asking with what my Jetter choices are what Rootranger should I buy the regular one the regular one with front jetter or the large one and finally the Double Barrel one... Im overwhelmed with choices.. Could be I wouldnt have enough flow for the large Rootranger or the Double Barrel Rootranger...But I need to find out..with a little help from my friends here...Opinions appriciated... Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          Not to crash the thread but I have a similar question. I would only use a jetter a few times a year. When I did use it,it would be to clean sludged up lines 4" and under.

I've found a few pressure washers with 3800psi and 4.0 gpm flow......One of them is a John Deere unit and its 1,000.00(if you live in St.Louis you can get a brand new one off ebay for 675.00 but they wont ship it) and the other one is a Craftsman and its also 1,000.00.

What foot pedal,hoses and what sizes,nozzels,hose reels? Is this enough pressure/flow to cut roots....if so what nozzels for that? The longest hose I would need would be 100'...but how long could I go with the hose?

I've seen those pulse valves..can those be used with the pressure washers above?

Thanks for any help!

For what its worth I have a 13 h.p. honda pressure washer that does 3.8 g.p.m at 3800 p.s.i....works awesome on sludge and minor roots...roots that get about the size of sharpie pens it don't really work...but i use it for restaurants and its great...use straight 4 back jets with one forward jet heads from general wire...
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            For what its worth I have a 13 h.p. honda pressure washer that does 3.8 g.p.m at 3800 p.s.i....works awesome on sludge and minor roots...roots that get about the size of sharpie pens it don't really work...but i use it for restaurants and its great...use straight 4 back jets with one forward jet heads from general wire...
            What size hoses and lenght do you use for various size lines? Thanks for your help.

Comment

What size hoses and lenght do you use for various size lines? Thanks for your help.
              The hose is 3/8" on a 250 foot roll...but I have only ran 150 foot at most...i have cabled a 1.5 line to a grease trap then tapped the jet hose to that and then pulled back the cable without running the machine...then jetted the line back out...up to a 8" clay line...but mostly 3 and 4 inch lines...

Derek

Comment

The hose is 3/8" on a 250 foot roll...but I have only ran 150 foot at most...i have cabled a 1.5 line to a grease trap then tapped the jet hose to that and then pulled back the cable without running the machine...then jetted the line back out...up to a 8" clay line...but mostly 3 and 4 inch lines...
                Nice,I will get a 125' 3/8 hose for 3 and 4". Now how about 1.5 and 2" pipe? Go with the 1/8th or the 1/4 hose?

Those cobra hoses any good?

Comment

Nice,I will get a 125' 3/8 hose for 3 and 4". Now how about 1.5 and 2" pipe? Go with the 1/8th or the 1/4 hose?

Those cobra hoses any good?
                  Sorry forgot...I do have a 50 foot 1/4" hose and head with a adapter to my 3/8" hose...but if its a straight shot on 1.5" to 2" I just run the 3/8" hose...the reason I did the cable to grease trap was so I could get to a specific drain and not have to jet back into the build thru the trap...3/8" hose did come thru the trap from the backside and then just pulled it back to outside....I did this cause I got tired of cabling this one floor drain all the time....

Derek

Comment

Get a 100 ft 3/8 hose or 150 and your pressure and strength will increase. That size PW and that long of hose is giving you pressure loss at the tip.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      Get a 100 ft 3/8 hose or 150 and your pressure and strength will increase. That size PW and that long of hose is giving you pressure loss at the tip.
                      Interesting...I really never thought about that way...any guess as to how much loss or gain? Not sure I can figure a guess....

Derek

Comment

[QUOTE=dcman;331392]Interesting...I really never thought about that way...any guess as to how much loss or gain? Not sure I can figure a guess....[/QUOTE
                        200 lbs would be my guess, look up threads under jetter and you will find my little write up with pictures on the easy way to do it!
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

[QUOTE=Cuda;331396]
                          Interesting...I really never thought about that way...any guess as to how much loss or gain? Not sure I can figure a guess....[/QUOTE
                          200 lbs would be my guess, look up threads under jetter and you will find my little write up with pictures on the easy way to do it!

Sweet...200 pretty good amount...have to look into that...thanks!

Derek

Comment

How about a foot control valve? Any good brands,places to buy?

What would be the smallest jetter you would use to clean 2" and under K-sink lines and what size hose? I would need 100' of hose at the very most.

i'm playing 50 thousand questions.......thanks for helping.

Comment

How about a foot control valve? Any good brands,places to buy?

What would be the smallest jetter you would use to clean 2" and under K-sink lines and what size hose? I would need 100' of hose at the very most.

i'm playing 50 thousand questions.......thanks for helping.
                              The yellow cheap foot control valve you see on ebay and amazing machinery is a pretty good unit as long as you stay under 8 gpm over that and it is a big restriction.
                              Smallest jetter...hmm 2.2 GPM gas powered 2500 psi to set outside and run hose into your work, or get a nice and I mean nice quality Electric unit around the same specs or close. Hose get 3/16 because some times you need to reef on it to get around bends in cast iron. Ridgid just made a little hand held unit very close to mine, can be carried with one hand but just about any PW will do but be warned the cheap little PW's that don't actually have pistons are junk it's all about the pump! I have bought many many better quality PW off Craigslist like the size we are speaking for around 300- 400 just look at the cosmetics if it's a standard red and white honda motor your good they have oil alert if you get the honda or others that look like junk it will be.
                              Last edited by Cuda; 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X