Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Sorry but I would not buy a Marco and they are only 5-miles from me.

Mark
    I got mine for a 100 bucks and I always wanted to try one out. Ran it for about a month or so, learned real fast that the feed sucks. Their female cable ends crack where the push button passes through and you can lose the cable in the line. I would never recommend a Marco to my worse enemy.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      That was pretty damn helpful...I should add this...I am a owner/operator...I recently lost a lot of weight..I went from 250 to 185...so the machine itself is just awkward dead weight trying to go upstairs...getting it in and out of van no problems (have a lift)...going down stairs no problems...its lifting the machine up stairs when I no longer have an a**......
      Get the balloon air filled tires, it makes a huge difference in getting it up and down the stairs.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The machine will not feed the cable out unless the machine is ran in reverse....or what we call reverse. We change the wheels out to the air type. It will cut roots and it will hurt you. I've had my hand pinched but nothing serious.....my cousin however was screaming and I had to unwrap him. he let off the foot switch but too late and the cable wrapped his hand up in it and had him on his tip toes all twisted up. No broken bones but swelled up and purple/black bruised. If you run the machine in reverse you better know wtf your doing like the seweratz says or you'll wear the cable like bad jewlry.

Here a pic of the machine.. its an 80 model.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Get the balloon air filled tires, it makes a huge difference in getting it up and down the stairs.

HHMMM.....curious why that would be...but hell its cheap enough to try...
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            The machine will not feed the cable out unless the machine is ran in reverse....or what we call reverse. We change the wheels out to the air type. It will cut roots and it will hurt you. I've had my hand pinched but nothing serious.....my cousin however was screaming and I had to unwrap him. he let off the foot switch but too late and the cable wrapped his hand up in it and had him on his tip toes all twisted up. No broken bones but swelled up and purple/black bruised. If you run the machine in reverse you better know wtf your doing like the seweratz says or you'll wear the cable like bad jewlry.

Here a pic of the machine.. its an 80 model.

Man I hope you have a wheel cover or don't do inside the house jobs...I have used open basket machines years ago...crap slingingest things on the planet!!! They do have an advantage if your cable gets stuck was easier to unstuck with open basket....

Derek

Comment

Man I hope you have a wheel cover or don't do inside the house jobs...I have used open basket machines years ago...crap slingingest things on the planet!!! They do have an advantage if your cable gets stuck was easier to unstuck with open basket....
              No we dont use that machine inside. Yes they will sling crap

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                The only other person I know who buys Marcos on purpose is "Rookie Plumber" and he has new parts for the feed machined to use them. When his guys couldn't clean a stoppage, "Plumber Rick" would be their back up.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  The only other person I know who buys Marcos on purpose is "Rookie Plumber" and he has new parts for the feed machined to use them. When his guys couldn't clean a stoppage, "Plumber Rick" would be their back up.

Mark
                  They are light weight and have a powerful motor the rookie guy must not know how to use one. 3/4 hp motor with innercore 3/4 cable will do 3-6" with roots.

Comment

First and foremost I am not wanting a sectional vs drum debate...I currently use a K-7500 for sewer cleaning, and like most drum users the basements are about the only downside. Well here's the deal...its been ice and snow here for a couple weeks...so getting into basements have been very difficult. I am considering a K-60 as a alternative to my drum only for certain situations. My question is this...any other suggestion to an alternative to my k-7500 beside a k-60...either it be drum or sectional... don't matter to much...seems like will spend about the same amount either way I go...or is the K-60 the way to go...thanks for any input.
                    dcman let me tell ya..I am a drum guy first this winter bottom line has sucked we have 5 feet of snow on the ground. I just got my K60 a few months ago and let me tell you it has been a life saver & Back saver on some of the jobs I have been called out to. No where left to put the snow jam the van in where ever you can make it fit. customes have small paths K60 has been very handy this winter.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

If you get a K60 your other machine might get jealous because you will find your self using it all the time.

Comment

I got a K-60 with general innercore cable specifically for basement clean outs, crawl spaces and roofs.

I use a KM-1500 or a spartan 1065 for outside jobs and unfinished basements or basements with a lot of space or stairs where it's easy to get into the house and straight down the stairs. The problem for me is that I work in a lot of old houses where the entrance to the house is on the side where the door opens in and you walk in onto a landing to the basement. you have to go up a couple of steps just to close the door and then go down 8 or 10 steps.

I used a General Sewermatic for a while, but switching drums was kind of a pain and no inner drum sucked! It only kept 50' of 3/4 cable in the drum, so I had to bring in a 2nd or 3rd drum most of the time. I had the crappy old autofeed too.

I like the K-60. Easy to carry in and out. You will work a little harder doing the actual drain cleaning compared to a drum, but you will not have to bust your rear going back up the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                          dcman let me tell ya..I am a drum guy first this winter bottom line has sucked we have 5 feet of snow on the ground. I just got my K60 a few months ago and let me tell you it has been a life saver & Back saver on some of the jobs I have been called out to. No where left to put the snow jam the van in where ever you can make it fit. customes have small paths K60 has been very handy this winter.
                          I get a sneaking suspicion that it would need to be a sectional...I used to have all General Wire machines...good gravy they seemed to be high maintenance and quite a pita to work on...since I've had my Ridgid machines seems like a lot less maintenance and simple to work on...I have been watching the information on the K-60 thru this forum...I also have seen other brands mention but I haven't seen or caught too much information on them...I mean I REALLY like all my Ridgid machines even though I use a general wire cable in my k-7500...so my next review/question will be interchangeable cables....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            I got a K-60 with general innercore cable specifically for basement clean outs, crawl spaces and roofs.

I use a KM-1500 or a spartan 1065 for outside jobs and unfinished basements or basements with a lot of space or stairs where it's easy to get into the house and straight down the stairs. The problem for me is that I work in a lot of old houses where the entrance to the house is on the side where the door opens in and you walk in onto a landing to the basement. you have to go up a couple of steps just to close the door and then go down 8 or 10 steps.

I used a General Sewermatic for a while, but switching drums was kind of a pain and no inner drum sucked! It only kept 50' of 3/4 cable in the drum, so I had to bring in a 2nd or 3rd drum most of the time. I had the crappy old autofeed too.

I like the K-60. Easy to carry in and out. You will work a little harder doing the actual drain cleaning compared to a drum, but you will not have to bust your rear going back up the stairs.
                            I have seen where you guys have talked about more set-up time with the k-60 to prevent mess and cable the drain...which don't bother me...cause most of the time from the time I pull up to the time I leave averages 45 minutes...so 15 to 30 more minutes don't matter to save my a**....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by batson View Post
                              If you get a K60 your other machine might get jealous because you will find your self using it all the time.

Have u used any other machines and set-ups?

Derek

Comment

Do u use any of these set-ups?
                                Yes. I use the General I95. Works fine for me.

I've never used a K-60. I think it spins alot faster and is probably a little stronger.

Other than that, they pretty much have the same operation.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X