Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Yes. I use the General I95. Works fine for me.

I've never used a K-60. I think it spins alot faster and is probably a little stronger.

Other than that, they pretty much have the same operation.

J.C.
    Okay so here we go: How is the ease and cost of maintenance? What cables do you use? Looks like a Ridgid cutters would interchange ...true? Whats longest and biggest line you ran it? I only ask because I have looked back into the forum to accumulate data on the k-60 from users...so guess what? Your the man to put forth the information on the I95...if you don't mind that is...and have you ever ran a drum machine by chance? Any thing else you could tell me about this would be great...thanks!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I had looked at buying the general i-95 back before Rick turned k-60 crazy lol, I didn't buy it for one reason the motor was smaller and I know roots! If I was looking for something smaller I would just buy the K-50 even though it looks like the i-95 falls between the k-60 and the k-50. Plus the general forum sucks... oh wait they don't have one.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        Okay so here we go: How is the ease and cost of maintenance? What cables do you use? Looks like a Ridgid cutters would interchange ...true? Whats longest and biggest line you ran it? I only ask because I have looked back into the forum to accumulate data on the k-60 from users...so guess what? Your the man to put forth the information on the I95...if you don't mind that is...and have you ever ran a drum machine by chance? Any thing else you could tell me about this would be great...thanks!
        I wouldn't consider me "the man" on any plumbing subject.

Maintenance? I don't do much of anything to it. Grease fitting on top to hit with a shot once in a while. Little penetrating oil when I feel like it.

But we rarely see roots here and I don't do as many drains as others do.

Cables are about the same. General cables are said to be better.

Longest run? Can't remember. Maybe 90'. Not too impressive.

General does not have a forum. I did email them awhile back and received a correct response the next day.

Heavier user, 4" lines, roots.....I would recommend someone get a K-60 or comparable Rothenberger but use General cables. I wouldn't be afraid of a Rothenberger either with the right deal. Some would because of the smaller market and support.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I wouldn't consider me "the man" on any plumbing subject.

Maintenance? I don't do much of anything to it. Grease fitting on top to hit with a shot once in a while. Little penetrating oil when I feel like it.

But we rarely see roots here and I don't do as many drains as others do.

Cables are about the same. General cables are said to be better.

Longest run? Can't remember. Maybe 90'. Not too impressive.

General does not have a forum. I did email them awhile back and received a correct response the next day.

Heavier user, 4" lines, roots.....I would recommend someone get a K-60 or comparable Rothenberger but use General cables. I wouldn't be afraid of a Rothenberger either with the right deal. Some would because of the smaller market and support.

J.C.
          Well that's cool...it sounds like k-60 might be the way... most sewers I do are 4" with heavy roots up to average 90 - 100 feet...but still gathering data!!!

Derek

Comment

Well that's cool...it sounds like k-60 might be the way... most sewers I do are 4" with heavy roots up to average 90 - 100 feet...but still gathering data!!!

k-60 would be a perfect choice.

the 1.25'' x 10' sections and timberwolf would be a heavy overkill unless you get into nast roots and 6'' lines.

i have the k-60's , timebewolf, i95 and root 66 to name a few

the k-60 is the machine that gets used on 90% of the jobs i do.

the root 66 is similar to the k-60, but has little to no support from general or it's distributors.

get the k-60 and you'll thank us later

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I've been looking at the root66 and i95 myself. I probably can find one cheaper than a k-60

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
                I've been looking at the root66 and i95 myself. I probably can find one cheaper than a k-60
                The K-60 is superior to the RT-66 in every way. Well worth the extra few $$ vs the general machine. Parts are way easier to come by. The I-95 is more comparable to the K-50 if you look at the specs (even though the I-95 looks more like the K-60 than the K-50)

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the 1.25'' x 10' sections and timberwolf would be a heavy overkill unless you get into nast roots and 6'' lines.

the root 66 is similar to the k-60, but has little to no support from general or it's distributors.

rick.
                  Ditto. If you're doing 4", the K-60 is the easy choice from the Ridgid line up. Get 1 section of innercore for the lead cable on really nasty roots and use the hollow core on the rest (much much lighter). The spiral root saw blades are a must too.

Comment

What drum machine(s) are you running now?

Comment

Yeah I know the K60 is better. We have a k750 that we use for mainlines. We do come across drains that we have to clear through the roof vent that a k60 or root 66 would come in handy for. Where I am most of the laterals are 4 inch and rarely over 80 to 100 feet so a root66 would do the job just as well as a k60 in my situation.

Comment

k-60. all 4" or smaller. 130' on 2 occasions. almost all roots blockages. + ricksters patented, world famous reverse auger. to be honest if i had any other sectional machine i would make one for it, also. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                          What drum machine(s) are you running now?
                          Sewers K-7500 with general wire 3/4" smaller drains K-400 with 3/8" ridgid cable then for urinals and lavatory sinks I use the autospin but soon that will be upgraded to K-40....

Derek

Comment

rick.

You said the Root 66 is similar...if support wasn't a problem how would you feel about...now please be honest...and have you used the root 66?

Derek

Comment

You said the Root 66 is similar...if support wasn't a problem how would you feel about...now please be honest...and have you used the root 66?
                              used it i own it

the root 66 is actually not bad. instead of an adjustable clutch, they use an adjustable arm to engage the clutch. i rarely use the guide hose on my machines. but the root 66 has a swivel guide hose. which i feel i s a bonus.

the machine uses the same ridgid ends and they interchange with the cutters and cable.

i use it as a backup machine or when i have a second set of dirty hands

have not needed to tear into the machine as i use it maybe once to twice a year. i would be afraid if i broke it, there would be an issue to get parts.

the k-60 is easy to maintain and as i've said, i'm still using the machine i bought used from a rental co. and it's still going strong after over 1000 uses in my possession. 1 clutch and a couple bearings later. i think i've chopped down an entire ficus tree with that machine.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

used it i own it

the root 66 is actually not bad. instead of an adjustable clutch, they use an adjustable arm to engage the clutch. i rarely use the guide hose on my machines. but the root 66 has a swivel guide hose. which i feel i s a bonus.

the machine uses the same ridgid ends and they interchange with the cutters and cable.

i use it as a backup machine or when i have a second set of dirty hands

have not needed to tear into the machine as i use it maybe once to twice a year. i would be afraid if i broke it, there would be an issue to get parts.

the k-60 is easy to maintain and as i've said, i'm still using the machine i bought used from a rental co. and it's still going strong after over 1000 uses in my possession. 1 clutch and a couple bearings later. i think i've chopped down an entire ficus tree with that machine.

rick.
                                Thanks so much for your and everyone elses input....just one last volley of questions...this will theoretically be a secondary machine used once or twice a week...what size cable, style, and cutter selection do you and you other sectional machine guys suggest....and any thing else I should know? I only ask because some of the sectional information on past posts has been a bit confusing for me...not ever used a sectional...thanks again!!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X