Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Sewer Machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

    Okay in part to my last questions I went back in the K-60 posts...I think I answered my own questions except for one....I notice nobody using the k60 with the 7/8" cable specifically says the run a 4" cutter....I did catch one post that mentioned a 3 and 1/4" cutter for 4" sewers...why is this? Is it because with the open wound cable flapping and flopping a 4" cutter is not needed? Or can u not get a 4" cutter thru with a sectional machine? Remember I only use drum so running a 4" cutter thru a 4" sewer not a big deal normally...(unless structural problems are present)....It does look like a K-60 will be the way I go. Any problems running all C-10 cable up to 150' in 4"????

    ***Update: Seweratz---Changed wheels on K-7500 to balloon tires-don't know about stairs yet but...ITS FREAKING AWESOME TO WHEEL THAT THING AROUND!!!!!! Thanks so much for that tidbit of information!***
    Last edited by dcman; 02-12-2011, 09:46 AM.
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

    Derek

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

      I noticed no one brought up the Flxi-Cleaner. http://plumbertoolinc.com/flexclean.html
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

        ron, flexable is a local company here and therefore stocked in a few supply houses for plumbers who don't want to spend good money on good machines. therefore they spend little money on cheap machines. never been impressed with their stuff. even when the rep was having a counter day.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

          Originally posted by dcman View Post
          Okay in part to my last questions I went back in the K-60 posts...I think I answered my own questions except for one....I notice nobody using the k60 with the 7/8" cable specifically says the run a 4" cutter....I did catch one post that mentioned a 3 and 1/4" cutter for 4" sewers...why is this? Is it because with the open wound cable flapping and flopping a 4" cutter is not needed? Or can u not get a 4" cutter thru with a sectional machine? Remember I only use drum so running a 4" cutter thru a 4" sewer not a big deal normally...(unless structural problems are present)....It does look like a K-60 will be the way I go. Any problems running all C-10 cable up to 150' in 4"????

          ***Update: Seweratz---Changed wheels on K-7500 to balloon tires-don't know about stairs yet but...ITS FREAKING AWESOME TO WHEEL THAT THING AROUND!!!!!! Thanks so much for that tidbit of information!***

          here is the reason why you're not finding a 4'' cutter listed.

          ridgid list that the cutter size should be smaller than the pipe size. since the machine with c-10 cable is rated for 4'', they didn't find it necessary to list 4'' cutters for a 4'' machine.

          but with innercore cable. we've had good results with 4'' cutters in a 4'' or 6'' line. my favorite cutter is a 3.5'' spiral root saw, but i also run a 4x3 pear blade i've machined to fit the sectional end.

          all of the k1500 1.25''cutters/ blades fit the 7/8'' cable. it's the end fittings that are larger.

          the air filled tires are great, just make sure you keep the air pressure up and even. nothing like a flat or being low on air.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            here is the reason why you're not finding a 4'' cutter listed.

            ridgid list that the cutter size should be smaller than the pipe size. since the machine with c-10 cable is rated for 4'', they didn't find it necessary to list 4'' cutters for a 4'' machine.

            but with innercore cable. we've had good results with 4'' cutters in a 4'' or 6'' line. my favorite cutter is a 3.5'' spiral root saw, but i also run a 4x3 pear blade i've machined to fit the sectional end.

            all of the k1500 1.25''cutters/ blades fit the 7/8'' cable. it's the end fittings that are larger.

            the air filled tires are great, just make sure you keep the air pressure up and even. nothing like a flat or being low on air.

            rick.
            Uh yea...first put tires on I was like that aint gonna work...had to put air in them...so you like the 3.5" spiral root saw is that the T-111 cutter your talking about? Also 4X3 pear blade...can you explain that a little further? And you didn't say if all c10 cables okay or any other options? Just want to make sure I buy the right stuff and things I don't need...thanks!
            Last edited by dcman; 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM.
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

            Derek

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

              If $$ is tight, start with a timberwolf drill and sectional cables than graduate to the K- 60 later ? It all ties in together ,WIN WIN
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                Originally posted by dcman View Post
                Uh yea...first put tires on I was like that aint gonna work...had to put air in them...so you like the 3.5" spiral root saw is that the T-22 cutter your talking about? Also 4X3 pear blade...can you explain that a little further? And you didn't say if all c10 cables okay or any other options? Just want to make sure I buy the right stuff and things I don't need...thanks!

                Rick won't post a picture of the mythical 4X3 pear blade until his patent clears

                just kidding.

                I think it's a duracable blade that you have to take a dremel tool or die grinder to make fit on the 7/8" ridgid blade holder. I believe that it might be a little easier to mount on the Drain Cables Direct 7/8" holder though.

                I'm going to order some duracable blades soon for this purpose (unless I can convince DCD to start making the offset blades!)


                The 3" Spiral root saw is T-122. Here's the catalog page for the K-60 accessories. Use the 5 digit catalog # when ordering.

                fhttp://ridgid.com/Download/K60Cables.pdf

                The T-22 is a similar blade (different catalog # on the replacement blade to the T-122) but attaches to the 1.25" cables. I'd like to try and mount the 4" spiral blade (T-23) on a 7/8" holder, but I think that the blade is too wide. Might have to modify that one too.

                I'm not sure which blade Rick is referring to that is 3.5". I know that they make a sawtooth blade for the 1500 that is 3.5" and i use that one all the time, but I' don't see a 3.5" spiral blade in the Ridgid catalog

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                  Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  If $$ is tight, start with a timberwolf drill and sectional cables than graduate to the K- 60 later ? It all ties in together ,WIN WIN
                  Money is always tight....however I have a hard time picturing you guys using a drill with cables clearing a main sewer line....what that means is I think you guys are crazy or smart or both...seems like standing there using a drill with cable what happens when u hit a big root or structural problem...wouldn't that whap u or jump outta your grip or what? I kinda always wondered and just didn't want to ask...I envision running a drill in studs and hitting a nail and kabam you get whacked by your own tools.....
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                  Derek

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                    Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    Rick won't post a picture of the mythical 4X3 pear blade until his patent clears

                    just kidding.

                    I think it's a duracable blade that you have to take a dremel tool or die grinder to make fit on the 7/8" ridgid blade holder. I believe that it might be a little easier to mount on the Drain Cables Direct 7/8" holder though.

                    I'm going to order some duracable blades soon for this purpose (unless I can convince DCD to start making the offset blades!)


                    The 3" Spiral root saw is T-122. Here's the catalog page for the K-60 accessories. Use the 5 digit catalog # when ordering.

                    fhttp://ridgid.com/Download/K60Cables.pdf

                    The T-22 is a similar blade (different catalog # on the replacement blade to the T-122) but attaches to the 1.25" cables. I'd like to try and mount the 4" spiral blade (T-23) on a 7/8" holder, but I think that the blade is too wide. Might have to modify that one too.

                    I'm not sure which blade Rick is referring to that is 3.5". I know that they make a sawtooth blade for the 1500 that is 3.5" and i use that one all the time, but I' don't see a 3.5" spiral blade in the Ridgid catalog
                    Correct me in I am wrong it looks like a duracable blades resembles a T-150.....and I am looking to get only a 7/8" cable to start...so hence why I was asking about 4" cutters...I did see the T-150-2 but ???
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                    Derek

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                      Originally posted by dcman View Post
                      Money is always tight....however I have a hard time picturing you guys using a drill with cables clearing a main sewer line....what that means is I think you guys are crazy or smart or both...seems like standing there using a drill with cable what happens when u hit a big root or structural problem...wouldn't that whap u or jump outta your grip or what? I kinda always wondered and just didn't want to ask...I envision running a drill in studs and hitting a nail and kabam you get whacked by your own tools.....
                      Were smart not crazy. I'm sure if you got a chance to see it in action you will like the set up. You can't make a sewer Jedi Knight over night with the drill Takes a little time to master The drill and eel is easier to remove If you get stuck. You will learn to listen and feel your drill & cable. I know just when it's about to flip. Let go of the trigger and drill will spin free any torque build up. Back the cable up and hit it again.
                      This drill will whip any roots azz that gets in the way. Hit back up hit again repeat till you advance down the sewer.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                        Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        Were smart not crazy. I'm sure if you got a chance to see it in action you will like the set up. You can't make a sewer Jedi Knight over night with the drill Takes a little time to master The drill and eel is easier to remove If you get stuck. You will learn to listen and feel your drill & cable. I know just when it's about to flip. Let go of the trigger and drill will spin free any torque build up. Back the cable up and hit it again.
                        This drill will whip any roots azz that gets in the way. Hit back up hit again repeat till you advance down the sewer.
                        If you were to start new somebody, uneducated which would start k60 of the timberwolf setup? BTW how do you guide that much cable in the open to the drain with a drill or did I not catch something else?
                        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                        Derek

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                          Originally posted by dcman View Post
                          BTW how do you guide that much cable in the open to the drain with a drill or did I not catch something else?
                          Your a mind reader

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                            Originally posted by dcman View Post
                            If you were to start new somebody, uneducated which would start k60 of the timberwolf setup? BTW how do you guide that much cable in the open to the drain with a drill or did I not catch something else?
                            The cable self feeds into the sewer "Pulls Itself in and out" Imagine driving in or out a 100 foot deck screw just pull back on the drill a bit and it will drive itself in or out strait. Honesty where 95% of my work is sewers and if I had to choose between my DM-55, K60 or the drill and eel. I would have to take my drill and eel for the raw power, dependability, easy set up small, can do over heads pain but can be done. Affordability to only replace a section of cable or replace a drill. You can run a 200 foot sewer no problem. I have run multiple sections in one shot from and out side clean out or basement nice and strait. It does become a PITA when you have to pull back 100 feet or more and break down cables into the cage. That's the drum guy in me speaking but if I could only have one of my machines for sewers that would be my choice.
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                            Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                              Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                              The cable self feeds into the sewer "Pulls Itself in and out" Imagine driving in or out a 100 foot deck screw just pull back on the drill a bit and it will drive itself in or out strait. Honesty where 95% of my work is sewers and if I had to choose between my DM-55, K60 or the drill and eel. I would have to take my drill and eel for the raw power, dependability, easy set up small, can do over heads pain but can be done. Affordability to only replace a section of cable or replace a drill. You can run a 200 foot sewer no problem. I have run multiple sections in one shot from and out side clean out or basement nice and strait. It does become a PITA when you have to pull back 100 feet or more and break down cables into the cage. That's the drum guy in me speaking but if I could only have one of my machines for sewers that would be my choice.
                              All I can say is...wow...I think somebody should make a video of this...I think I would be impressed to see that....
                              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                              Derek

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Alternative Sewer Machine

                                Originally posted by dcman View Post
                                All I can say is...wow...I think somebody should make a video of this...I think I would be impressed to see that....
                                I'm going to make one today
                                Rod
                                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                                http://unclognh.com
                                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                                Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X