Ridgid forum to the rescue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid forum to the rescue

My K60 went down today and I have a 1065 for a back up but i didnt want to load the thing into my van so i took the K60 apart. Big bearing is shot so the first thing i do is a search on the forum. Rick had wrote on a past thread it was a common bearing (6206) from auto store. i couldnt get the bearing out so i took it to a heavy machinery repair shop down the road. Twenty minutes later bearings were out and the new ones installed with all the parts cleaned. All of this done for $42.00 labor included. Total down time was hour and half. Thanks Ridgid Forum and Rick for the bearing size.

Re: Ridgid forum to the rescue

WOW ! That's what I'm talkin' about..All repairs should go that smoothe and cheap.. Awsome
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

that was dirt cheap with labor and materials.

was it 1 or both bearings?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Anyone know which common bearings go in the K-50?

Comment

Originally posted by batson View Post
          My K60 went down today and I have a 1065 for a back up but i didnt want to load the thing into my van so i took the K60 apart. Big bearing is shot so the first thing i do is a search on the forum. Rick had wrote on a past thread it was a common bearing (6206) from auto store. i couldnt get the bearing out so i took it to a heavy machinery repair shop down the road. Twenty minutes later bearings were out and the new ones installed with all the parts cleaned. All of this done for $42.00 labor included. Total down time was hour and half. Thanks Ridgid Forum and Rick for the bearing size.
          That's using your head and the assets available to you!
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Anyone know which common bearings go in the K-50?
            Can Rick take his K-50 apart when he gets home tonight and get back to you?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Both bearings, parts washed in cleaner and reassembled with a press. The same bearings cost $27.00 for one at auto store but the guy i took it to has a bearing supplier. I will be a regular customer.

Comment

Working...
              X