Wish me luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck

Had a tuffy the other night. Two guys were there the day before for 6 hrs. According to the HO they relieved the stoppage. But the next day the basement was flooded again!..Ok so I get there , about 1 " of standing water in the basenment..There alone so I ran the reverse auger down the cleanout in the basement just to get things flowing.It finally broke free but it was a bear.. Brought back roots, paper. wipes, pampons..(the whole shootin' match)Got a camera over there yesterday to try and locate but they said there was still too much root build up to determine if the stoppage was on property or off property..So today I will try another approach.
    I am probably going to cut the old test tee out so I can get my biggest head down there(3" c.i.) ..Then replace the piece with a pvc wye and fem. adapter when done..I was thinking I might have to break out the 1500 on this one but will go at it with the 60 again... At least the basement will not be flooded when I get there today..I hope.. I'll keep you posted
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Wish me luck

I hate jobs like that but you gotta take the bad with the good

Good Luck

Comment

I hate making two or more trips on drain calls...good luck!!!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        I hate jobs like that but you gotta take the bad with the good

Good Luck
        Yeah for sure..Ok I have an update..I went in there this morning guns a blazin'. Started out with my 7/8" cables and a C Cutter / Sharkstooth cutter..Was able to clear past the 60' where they said they were struggling with the camera..pulled back roots , wipes etc. Then I put on the spiral root cutter past 60' heading towards 75'..Ok let's pull er' back and see in there are any fish on.. Again trace amount of roots and wipes of course..Then I put on the funnel auger thinking I might be able to pull a chunk back....That funnel auger was loaded..Again roots, wipes, etc..Made it to 75' again and then struggleville..Ran the funnel auger through again to 75' ..Ok time for the 4 blade cutter, trip #5 by now ..Well 75' and then struggle city..Ok Pass#6 out comes the reverse auger (Ok asstyme you can stop laughing now)..Got to 75' and ripped right through to 90' to 105' and the crowd goes wild (I gotta be in the main now )..Pulled back a reverse auger chocked full of goodies..Ok Now that I have ripped through past the struggle point .Let's put the sharkstooth cutter on ..Ran out to 100' and called it quits..about 3 hrs. today , about 2.5 hrs. the other evening..Now when the camera crew gets back there this eve. they hopefully will have a clear path to the tap..No man holes in the street to be seen..I.m just trying to determine if the roots are originating from the main and climbing up into the tap..Or if the root issue developed on property and headed toward the main..Then they can dig it up and fit it at the street..I will post part 3 this eve, when we pinpoint the issue

Comment

You're going to have to start carrying that infamous reverse auger on your hip

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            You're going to have to start carrying that infamous reverse auger on your hip
            You laugh but it's like american express to me ..I never leave home without it

Seriously though , after that job I went back this eve. The Camering was done. I was not there last night but saw before and after videos of the sewer.That sewer is clean as a whistle..except down near the property line..There is just too much going on there..I will probably be digging it up and installing a cleanout on the customers property ...So you know what I know...I gotta go ..I need to place my order for my reverse auger hip holster
            Last edited by OLD1; 02-11-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X