X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 vs. K-1500

Ok. here is the situation.I was thinking of buying the jaws so I could run 7/8" cable in my 1500..Reason being , that on really tough jobs I am thinking the 1500 will have a lot more as* than the 60 ..Not trying to start anything ..Understand the 60 will never leave my side...But a lot of times I don't really need 1 1/4" but would like just a bit more power than what the 60 has to offer..Any thoughts on my thinking
    Last edited by OLD1; 02-12-2011, 12:21 AM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: K-60 vs. K-1500

I think the k-60 might get jealous. Remember that your K-60 has to have shots and boosters before they start kindergarden.

Comment

I keep my k-500 (dad of the k1500) with me at all times with both jaw sets but it is very rare when I need to use it. I go get a jetter if the k-500 starts looking like the choice. Space is usually an issue as well. Have you bought the drill eel set up? Lot smaller!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My K-500 currently has a set of 5/8" jaws in it for some reason.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

old1 I think you should have the 7/8 jaws available if needed just in case.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            My K-500 currently has a set of 5/8" jaws in it for some reason.

Mark
            Wow Mark Really 5/8 Jaws, lol I think I would sharpen up a piece of rebar and use that before I put 5/8 cable in mine cause I know what the 5/8 would look like when I got done.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Wow Mark Really 5/8 Jaws, lol I think I would sharpen up a piece of rebar and use that before I put 5/8 cable in mine cause I know what the 5/8 would look like when I got done.
              LOL - It's a set of jaws that were in the machine when I bought it used 30-years ago. I thought they had been lost years ago but they showed up in the machine.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Ok. here is the situation.I was thinking of buying the jaws so I could run 7/8" cable in my 1500..Reason being , that on really tough jobs I am thinking the 1500 will have a lot more as* than the 60 ..Not trying to start anything ..Understand the 60 will never leave my side...But a lot of times I don't really need 1 1/4" but would like just a bit more power than what the 60 has to offer..Any thoughts on my thinking
                I agree with Cuda that having the jaws for the 7/8" cable in the 1500 is a good idea. I have them for mine. But I rarely use them.

Keep in mind that often times it is not necessarily the power of the machine but the integrity of the cable. You can only push 7/8 cable (even general IC cable) so far. Just like a Ridgid K-7500 can spin 5/8" cable, but that cable will not work as well in bigger blockages.

The way I see it, if I am going to bring out the 1500 I use the 1.25" cable. Less chance of flipping the cable.

I will use the 7/8" jaws and cable only in very certain circumstances with the 1500, maybe once a year.

-Chris

Comment

old1 I think you should have the 7/8 jaws available if needed just in case.

Thats what I was thinking ..Wonder how much for the jawset?

Comment

Get the ridgid part #'s because there has been a seller on ebay with a lot of k1500 stuff new in boxes and I thought I saw he had some jaw sets, but he lists by the cat #.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Get the ridgid part #'s because there has been a seller on ebay with a lot of k1500 stuff new in boxes and I thought I saw he had some jaw sets, but he lists by the cat #.
                      Thanks Cuda, Ebay..I have bought a lot of heads from him, if it the same guy..Yeah I'm just trying to be as effecient as possible with the equipment at my disposal. If I feel I can do a better job for my customers with another approach ..then out comes the big dog..Again the 60 by far is the most versatile piece of drain cleaning equipment I have invested in ..I still have to get my hands on a drill adapter though and give it a try as well..Thanks again

Comment

I understand where your coming from. With the roots we have here, I have my doubts a K-60 could give me the confidence.

The catalog number is 59325 for 7/8" jaws. The only reason I would even consider going the 7/8" route is for weight purposes.

Lately weight is becoming a big consideration. After a day of cleaning drains and throwing the 1 1/4" cables in and out of my van I hurt my shoulder. It lasted two weeks.

I think if I was going to 7/8 cable I would just buy the K-60, just to have a small machine to tote around. Having a set of 7/8" jaws for the K-1500 would be close by.

Maybe I can convince someone to let me tag along with them on a job sometime and try the mighty K-60.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                          I understand where your coming from. With the roots we have here, I have my doubts a K-60 could give me the confidence.

The catalog number is 59325 for 7/8" jaws. The only reason I would even consider going the 7/8" route is for weight purposes.

Lately weight is becoming a big consideration. After a day of cleaning drains and throwing the 1 1/4" cables in and out of my van I hurt my shoulder. It lasted two weeks.

I think if I was going to 7/8 cable I would just buy the K-60, just to have a small machine to tote around. Having a set of 7/8" jaws for the K-1500 would be close by.

Maybe I can convince someone to let me tag along with them on a job sometime and try the mighty K-60.
                          get yourself out to los angeles and i'll let you ride shotgun

then we can go get a burger and chili

then we can go visit the stars home.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

all 4" here. i use a k-60. i've not found a line with roots that i could not open. when people say they couldn't open a line with such in such machine and had to use a different one. well they were impatient or something. the first machine does the heavy lifting and the second get the glory. i believe that any machine used properly will work. pick you poison. breid............

Comment

Lot of good responses here guys..Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X