wrong way to clear a trap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong way to clear a trap.

When you're hired to clean a floor drain. Poking a hole in the bottom with a drop head is not the best way to get the water to drain. Cause then you have to bust a hole in something else.... the concrete floor.
    Attached Files
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: wrong way to clear a trap.

Damn it...I hate when that happens...you follow me around eh? Looks like a nice straight forward repair....made you need to WD40 that chain cutter...HA!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      When you're hired to clean a floor drain. Poking a hole in the bottom with a drop head is not the best way to get the water to drain. Cause then you have to bust a hole in something else.... the concrete floor.
      Geno, Ran into this at a Shaw's supermarket no basement all slab. When I moved to this area they had no real drain cleaning companies. Shaw's tried plumbers they could not clear it. Then maintenance tried again gave up and drilled holes in the bottom of the traps just to get them running
      They called me a few years later to try after the ground would not accept the water anymore used shop vac and found their maintenance handy work.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Can You explain why the snap cutter and busted concrete ?
        Am I the only one doing this in 3 "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Can You explain why the snap cutter and busted concrete ?
          Am I the only one doing this in 3 "
          I ran a drop head on a 3/8" cable through the bottom of the trap in a 2" cast iron floor drain. At this point I felt the responsible thing to do was to replace the floor drain so the concrete around it just had to go.

The snappers was to snap the cast iron between the hub and the trap. I had planned on cleaning out the hub and using a push gasket but the cut ended up being so clean I was able to use a mission coupling with the new trap.

Whatever was plugging the old trap was like cement. It took a hammer and chisel to put a dent in it after I busted the old trap up.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

You just proved what a good job Mom and dad did with You !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X