Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And the golden ficus award goes to ?

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Root like that had to come outta Chalmette In the freeze of 89 I worked for 2-3 weeks over on Gov. Nichols St. and all through the Garden District. Oh how I love Dem Saints.
    No those aren't Chalmation roots. Those are Old Metry roots.

Are you still local?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
      No those aren't Chalmation roots. Those are Old Metry roots.

Are you still local?
      I had family in Kenner and Metry Close to the old Peacock Inn,I think its torn down now. I have friends in Baton Rouge and Hammond. I've spent a good bit of time in New Orleans. I usually stay at the Montleone. Those 3 for one drinks took me down one night

people dont believe it but its one of the only places in the states that you can actually drive thru and get an alcoholic drink served to you in your car.
      Last edited by TheMaster; 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

people dont believe it but its one of the only places in the states that you can actually drive thru and get an alcoholic drink served to you in your car.
        Umm you mean to tell me this isnt legal everywhere?

Lenny

Comment

I had family in Kenner and Metry Close to the old Peacock Inn,I think its torn down now. I have friends in Baton Rouge and Hammond. I've spent a good bit of time in New Orleans. I usually stay at the Montleone. Those 3 for one drinks took me down one night

drive throughs are all over Az

Comment

That blows My mind. Why don't the cops Just wait on the other side ?
            EZ FISHIN
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by hebertdraincare View Post
              this is 18 feet total. If i remember right the longest intact was 10 feet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19fbf62cebc251a762dcc350dbc83be0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	12875

Click image for larger version

Name:	1c417ea4e8e3e24fff2cf4bdfbf0d821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	12876
              that is freekin insane !! You win !!!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Over the years i keep hearing Rick mention these roots and blockages. He and others must have made a ton of $$ on these
                wonderful trees. It would be fun to have a trophy similar to these Knarly roots and give it out once a year an one of Your get to geather
                events or dinners. Any one care to add to this idea ?

I say we all just pitch in and give Rick a trophy. It will at least save Joey from the eye sore of the tree in his front hard getting yanked down due to looking for a 20 ft root....

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                  I say we all just pitch in and give Rick a trophy. It will at least save Joey from the eye sore of the tree in his front hard getting yanked down due to looking for a 20 ft root....
                  iI Know a metal Artist

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                    dan, you're about 12 years too late. my front tree fell on my truck during a big rain and wind storm.

then about 6 years later my neighbors tree fell on my other truck

so needless to say, i have no more trees in front of my house and that's the way my trucks like it.

but i can always use another trophy

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      dan, you're about 12 years too late. my front tree fell on my truck during a big rain and wind storm.

then about 6 years later my neighbors tree fell on my other truck

so needless to say, i have no more trees in front of my house and that's the way my trucks like it.

but i can always use another trophy

rick.
                      I am sorry Rick but . If a tree falls in California will anyone hear it? Of course because it hit Ricks truck....
                      Twice...that's is really awful but I have to say it's kind of funny.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        That blows My mind. Why don't the cops Just wait on the other side ?
                        EZ FISHIN

It's legal to serve the daiquiri through the window, but it is not legal to drink and drive. You have to wait til you get home to drink it.

You can buy by the gallon or get small, medium, or large styrofoam cups with plastic tops. As I understand it the drink remains legal as long as it stays closed. As soon as you stick a straw in it, it's illegal.

It is illegal to have any open alcohol containers in a vehicle in Louisiana. Even passengers.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          WOW!

I really need to get a ficus seedling so I can figure out a way to make a Ficus and Pine hybrid that thrives in a cold weather environment.

I could make some pretty good coin just selling them as an exotic tree, but a few years later I'd make millions when the crazy hyper roots take over

Comment

Working...
                          X