X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the golden ficus award goes to ?

Over the years i keep hearing Rick mention these roots and blockages. He and others must have made a ton of $$ on these
    wonderful trees. It would be fun to have a trophy similar to these Knarly roots and give it out once a year an one of Your get to geather
    events or dinners. Any one care to add to this idea ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: And the golden ficus award goes to ?

seeing that mark doesn't do drain cleaning anymore, he's not up for the running. that leaves adam up against me

problem is adam never does the competitive thing. 2 roundups and he was an onlooker maybe it's more fun to watch than to compete

i always like to offer my catch of the day to the owner for root soup.

rick.

street of large ficus that i routinely snake.

some ficus roots, soup anyone?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-13-2011, 10:19 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Its magnolia tree,live oak trees and pine tree roots here that cause most of the trouble.

The severity are in that order but most of the time its live oak tree roots. pine roots are the easiest.

Comment

Silver Maples and an occational Weeping Willow here. Pine roots don't even get deep enough to find sewers.

Comment

lots of oaks even more sweetgum trees...damn prickly balls!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Silver Maples and an occational Weeping Willow here. Pine roots don't even get deep enough to find sewers.
            Yes down south the sewers are not that deep typically. I find then from right on top of the ground at the house to about 8' deep at the curb. There are deeper ones but thats the typical. Shallow

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              seeing that mark doesn't do drain cleaning anymore, he's not up for the running. that leaves adam up against me

problem is adam never does the competitive thing. 2 roundups and he was an onlooker maybe it's more fun to watch than to compete

i always like to offer my catch of the day to the owner for root soup.

rick.

street of large ficus that i routinely snake.

some ficus roots, soup anyone?
              How did you get that cable out of that sectional machine with all those roots on it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                How did you get that cable out of that sectional machine with all those roots on it?

Fire pit

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  pretty simple. either disconnect the cable and remove it from the other end of the machine. or spend a minute with a little pruning shear or linoleum knife to easily cut them free.

if it's really nasty, and i'm in a hurry. disconnect the cable and replace the 1 section with a new cable. the cutter unlocks in a second.

wet roots are easier to cut than when they dry out in the truck.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    pretty simple. either disconnect the cable and remove it from the other end of the machine. or spend a minute with a little pruning shear or linoleum knife to easily cut them free.

if it's really nasty, and i'm in a hurry. disconnect the cable and replace the 1 section with a new cable. the cutter unlocks in a second.

wet roots are easier to cut than when they dry out in the truck.

rick.
                    So in that pic you pulled the cable out of the drain and then pulled the cable out the front of the machine and left the roots intact on the cable.

Comment

WOW!

I really need to get a ficus seedling so I can figure out a way to make a Ficus and Pine hybrid that thrives in a cold weather environment.

I could make some pretty good coin just selling them as an exotic tree, but a few years later I'd make millions when the crazy hyper roots take over
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

How about a hybrid Willow Ficus tree a "WilloCus"
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I can't get over how nasty those roots look to be.
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is 18 feet total. If I remember right the longest intact was 10 feet.

Attachment

Attachment
                            Attached Files

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                              This is 18 feet total. If I remember right the longest intact was 10 feet.

Attachment

Attachment
                              Root like that had to come outta Chalmette In the freeze of 89 I worked for 2-3 weeks over on Gov. Nichols St. and all through the Garden District. Oh how I love Dem Saints.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X