Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Wire Clog Chopper

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
    I ordered one of the 1 1/2 cutters, little guy is only about 3/4 of an inch across, but so far has been pretty useful.

Useful for..... ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      UPDATE On 4" Version: Make sure you get a welder to tack the end on or this will happen....
      Please tell us about that rodder ramp under machine.looks good
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

drop head attachment, and I use it for old galvy washer machine lines.

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        I don't use a general cable in my small machine..but curious what did it cost...jumped traps with it...turns???
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Please tell us about that rodder ramp under machine.looks good
          U mean the lift? Its called a backpacker for wheelchairs...modified it to have the smallest footprint possible to take up the least amount of space...it slides out then down...takes about 45 seconds...if you search on this forum "Basements?" page 4 shows a better pic...(my camera is in the van otherwise I would repost the pic)...
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

drop head attachment, and I use it for old galvy washer machine lines.
            u put that on a drop head? 1 1/2" gal traps?? And Cost? (unless u don't want to say)

Derek

Comment

hell I put just about everything on a drop head.

I wanna say it was about $30
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

hell I put just about everything on a drop head.

I wanna say it was about $30
                Cool...pricey for a small cable but hell I paid 175 and 250 for two cutters so I got no room to talk....

Derek

Comment

I manage the service department, "scary as that thought is" so when I see a relatively inexpensive toy like that, I just order it. now, the 3 or 4 inch.. I was waiting on reviews for those. your picture spoke volumes

Comment

I manage the service department, "scary as that thought is" so when I see a relatively inexpensive toy like that, I just order it. now, the 3 or 4 inch.. I was waiting on reviews for those. your picture spoke volumes
                    I will say the 3" is worth is for straight 3" runs...in 4" lines its a really nice cutter...but the 4" version...well...we'll see what happens with general...but I only used it once on a line that I did made several passes thru a sludge to no avail...once that one went thru it opened right up but it came back without the tip...I kinda don't think it will have another purpose other than a sludge mover...so not worth that....

Derek

Comment

yeah. I've got other cutters that are good for that.

Comment

UPDATE ON GENERAL WIRE CLOG CHOPPER: General Wire gave me a choice of replacement or credit for the cutter tip lost...I asked what improvement did you make to insure that won't happen again? Nothing they said plus there on strike so....I said give me a credit...man so glad I didn't buy the RT-66!!

Derek

Comment

Looks like the same design JC showed me a couple years ago made by enz.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Looks like the same design JC showed me a couple years ago made by enz.
                            ENZ?

Derek

Comment

http://www.enz.com/en/our_products/standard_nozzles/
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X