General Wire Clog Chopper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Wire Clog Chopper

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these cutters yet and if so what do you think of it? It looks like a beast of a cutter

Clog Chopper
    3CG
    4CG
    Maneuverable cutter clears roots, debris and scale. Available with connector to match General or other brands.
    Mike

Re: General Wire Clog Chopper

search for post ....good or gimicky...i think thats it...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

As much as I like an aggressive blade, I've come to the decision that I never want to put anything in that drain that I have no clue is clogging it, on the first run.

I use a half cutter, some would call a root cutter with saw teeth. It maneuvers without forcing me to grind the entire pipe.

Anyone knows that feeling when you dig into something, you have to make a decision; do I go forward or do I pull back to see if I am moving through roots.

Sending an aggressive blade down the drain on the first pass could leave you in a bad position, balling up and fighting the odds to retrieve.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

"Stuck"
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I was thinking of it as more of a finishing cutter
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
            I was thinking of it as more of a finishing cutter
            I happen to have both of these...the conclusion I've come to is they are strictly for finishing, no shifting, fairly no turns in the line kinda runs...very pricey for what they are....I don't think I would spend the money unless you have extra cash to burn cause u won't see a return on them....haven't tried on a grease line yet....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              I happen to have both of these...the conclusion I've come to is they are strictly for finishing, no shifting, fairly no turns in the line kinda runs...very pricey for what they are....I don't think I would spend the money unless you have extra cash to burn cause u won't see a return on them....haven't tried on a grease line yet....
              This would be one of those end of the year purchaces. Use it or loose it to Taxes purchaces
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

That my friend is truth...175 for 3"....250 for 4".....and they are a b*tch to make a turn in a two-way clean out....

Derek

Comment

UPDATE On 4" Version: Make sure you get a welder to tack the end on or this will happen....
                  Attached Files

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    UPDATE On 4" Version: Make sure you get a welder to tack the end on or this will happen....
                    $250 and thats what you get?

No thanks General wire, Your customer service SUCKS and now your going to put out junk over priced heads

Believe me, I don't want to be a customer of General because they are such a PIA, but I bought into it years ago and do like the quality.

If this is the new face of General SEE YA!

DC, keep us updated on this. I'd like to see if they "make it right" with you after spending that much $ or if anyone is even interested in the how/why their product failed.

My guess is, when the phone don't ring, you'll know it's them
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I got to put the call in monday...I just found out today that general does not make their own things like ridgid does...did anybody else know this???

Derek

Comment

Very few, if any companies actually make ALL their own products, I suspect, Ridgid included.

Ever buy pre made chicken Cordon Bleu?
                        Must be 5, 6, or 7 different brand names. All are made in one factory in Kentucky.

Dewalt pressure washer runs about $1000. A Pressure Wave runs about $750. Exact same thing just different color. A few other brands included as well.

Gen-eye, pearpoint, gator-cam. vivax etc. etc. etc. all the same camera.
                        Who's making the camera heads for all cameras????? I have a hunch it's a company out of CA. just a hunch

Dolmar, wacker, Makita etc. cut saws, All exactly the same.

Etc...etc...etc....
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I may have known it but was in denial....

Derek

Comment

I ordered one of the 1 1/2 cutters, little guy is only about 3/4 of an inch across, but so far has been pretty useful.
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                              I ordered one of the 1 1/2 cutters, little guy is only about 3/4 of an inch across, but so far has been pretty useful.
                              I don't use a general cable in my small machine..but curious what did it cost...jumped traps with it...turns???

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X