Triple wound coated cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple wound coated cable

We have been cleaning a lot of drains this week ,I was proud Monday when my son got his first squirrel , no pic it was bad
    Today we went to a body shop drain backing up.
    My son went in with our retriever head and got hung less than 2ft in we dug up the 2nd cl out that was broke and poked down in it
    I kept running forward and backward with the machine and it finally let me pull it back out with 12 ft of extra cable on it.
    So I go back in and to clear it and I'm hanging right away so we stir the dug up clean out up and it starts to flow and find more cable down in the pipe going past both cl outs .. with the water running we were able to use the needle nose to work the cable down the drain far enough to grab the end.. Another 12 ft of triple wound comes out
    Attached Files

Re: Triple wound coated cable

I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to find that. Must be some sort of prototype cable. Better put it back where you found it.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      We have been cleaning a lot of drains this week ,I was proud Monday when my son got his first squirrel , no pic it was bad
      Today we went to a body shop drain backing up.
      My son went in with our retriever head and got hung less than 2ft in we dug up the 2nd cl out that was broke and poked down in it
      I kept running forward and backward with the machine and it finally let me pull it back out with 12 ft of extra cable on it.
      So I go back in and to clear it and I'm hanging right away so we stir the dug up clean out up and it starts to flow and find more cable down in the pipe going past both cl outs .. with the water running we were able to use the needle nose to work the cable down the drain far enough to grab the end.. Another 12 ft of triple wound comes out

J.C.

Comment

What is holding those 3 cables together, tape ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          What is holding those 3 cables together, tape ?

The coating is black electric tape One cable must not of been strong enough , 2 was almost , but 3 was just right

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
            The coating is black electric tape One cable must not of been strong enough , 2 was almost , but 3 was just right

OMG

Comment

I need a translator.

Comment

Bet I know why there is tape on that cable!
                Who ever was snaking the line got hung up and could not get out
                Cut the cable then folded it up and taped it shoved it back in the drain and ran
                Said nothing to the customer about being stuck maybe the line drained for a bit and they still collected on this evil hack deed
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                  Bet I know why there is tape on that cable!
                  Who ever was snaking the line got hung up and could not get out
                  Cut the cable then folded it up and taped it shoved it back in the drain and ran
                  Said nothing to the customer about being stuck maybe the line drained for a bit and they still collected on this evil hack deed

You forgot to mention that guy then went down to the cell store and picked up another go phone and changed the magnet on his truck!!
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                    If they could cut it why not pull out the part of the cable that's not stuck instead of shoving it back into the drain? I have to be missing something.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        If they could cut it why not pull out the part of the cable that's not stuck instead of shoving it back into the drain? I have to be missing something.

I think he was being a wise guy

Comment

I hope you kept that cable. It should be in your trophy room!
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                            I hope you kept that cable. It should be in your trophy room!

You bet ya im gonna hang it right under my jackalopes

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                              Maybe cable snapped in the reel ?? Then they taped it up and shoved it in
                              and said i'm out of here
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X