I'm going to NEED a K60 soon....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to NEED a K60 soon....

This property has been having some issues with roots. They call me out every 3-4 months and want the bare minimum to "just get the line flowing". I've recommended a video inspection and was told that it was done years ago and that they do have some roots. Apparently, they want it properly cleaned out the "next time it backs up". To get the line flowing is simple enough with a K-380, but to do a proper job and clean out roots, I need something bigger, and for me, that's a Marco ME-90 with 100ft of 5/8" innercore cable. Problem is that the most effective place to snake from would be the master toilet at the back of the house - and these are the steps leading up to it:

I REALLY don't want to have to haul a 200 lb drum machine up these steps considering it's hard enough to get my fat *** up them with nothing to carry. Even if I carry the drum up seperately from the rest of the machine, it's still not going to be easy. BTW, those ties are actually pitched down a bit so it's very easy to slip off them and half of them are starting to split and are just generally in bad shape. Oh, and the renters don't want me going through the house for whatever reason (there are plenty of steps going up to the front door also).

Do any rental places in LA rent sectionals? I wonder if "Rick's World of Ridgid" has a spare sitting around the shop.
    Ideal Plumbing

Re: I'm going to NEED a K60 soon....

That looks as bad as some of the dumps I work in on a regular basis.

We all know Rick has many spares of his tools, but getting him to part with them is easier said then done I believe.

Comment

rick just sent out a set of propress xl jaws last month to hawaii and the post office can't find them. of course i insured them, but that doesn't help the person who already paid for them and needs them this friday.

of course a jetter parked on the street and a jetting hose dragged up the ties is much lighter than a k-60

the k-60 is a great choice if a jetter is not in the bid.

so, i'm sure a jetter or k-60 can be had

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

It just amazes me sometimes on how cheap and backwards people can be. The money spent for the 3 times I've already been out there to just get the line flowing could have been put towards getting it done right the first time. I couldn't even convince the stingy owner to camera now and just do the cleaning next time. At least he could have gotten an idea as to what he's in for when he finally wants to do it right.

I think it's going to be hard enough to get this guy to cough up the cost of a proper cleaning, I doubt he'll cough up the extra cost to jet the line.

We'll see what happens. Of course, to me, I don't mind going back there every few months and doing a quick 30 minutes cleaning to get it flowing again, but I prefer to do things the right way - I almost feel like it makes me look bad to have to go back all the time, even though the owner being cheap is the real problem, not what I'm doing.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Customers like that drive me nuts. Does this guy have any clue?
          Yes the line may have had a camera inspection years ago but pipes don't get better they get worse! Like you said all this snaking adds up and could have been used to dig and replace the sewer.
          I feel for you
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I hate to lose a customer or a job just like any other guy. But when they tell me just "pop" it open, I tell them I either do it right or I do not do it at all.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I feel Your pain. Rick just extended " THE GOLDEN FICUS HAND! "
              Your move! I'll bid proper stairs at $ 12,500 !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                I hate to lose a customer or a job just like any other guy. But when they tell me just "pop" it open, I tell them I either do it right or I do not do it at all.
                When it backs up again they get all mad that it backed up again
                so soon because they did not want to do the job 100%

Had one call me not to long ago. Their sewer line had failed went out and
                snaked it got stuck got out. Camera line see major cracks and brakes in the clay sewer line. Told them they need to dig ASAP. "Year later" they call can you come out? I asked wow that backed up soon after a new sewer was put in. They never replaced it! They wanted me to come out and snake it again to get them running I refused and told them to put the money towards a replacement.
                The excavator was out there this past Tuesday. I would have been taking their money for nothing
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                X