jetting liability, new customer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jetting liability, new customer

so i emailed my response to alan/ hoa. here is the email i sent out.

thanks alan for the opportunity to bid your job. this is the first time that your concern has come up so i'm curious as to why you feel that jetting could be harmful to your sewer system. could it be that another contractor that doesn't own a jetter is trying to give you misleading information?

i feel very confident that any issues exposed prior to jetting would be well documented in the video. the video is used to assist me in properly diagnosing and thoroughly cleaning the sewer line.

the jetting process does not pressurize the system. but rather it washes the pipe with jets of high pressure water. the water jets are what cuts the roots and washes them away.

i do carry liability insurance in the amount of 1 million dollars. over all the years i've been fortunate to not have to use my insurance or my own money to cover damages. the main reason being is that with 35 years of experience, i know what to expect and what to look out for.

thanks,

rick

here is what alan emailed me back

HI Rick,,

I think the question on damage comes from another plumbers opinion to a Board member,,,,trying to sell more clean outs,,,,,,saying the longer the Jetter is in the pipe the more chance the head will bounce around, thus damaging the clay pipe [ so have more clean outs , closer together

lets start planning to get this job done

Alan

thanks for all the suggestions and opinions on this subject. i guess sticking to my guns, worked out and hopefully i'll have a nice project to start on in the next couple weeks.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      so i emailed my response to alan/ hoa. here is the email i sent out.

thanks alan for the opportunity to bid your job. this is the first time that your concern has come up so i'm curious as to why you feel that jetting could be harmful to your sewer system. could it be that another contractor that doesn't own a jetter is trying to give you misleading information?

i feel very confident that any issues exposed prior to jetting would be well documented in the video. the video is used to assist me in properly diagnosing and thoroughly cleaning the sewer line.

the jetting process does not pressurize the system. but rather it washes the pipe with jets of high pressure water. the water jets are what cuts the roots and washes them away.

i do carry liability insurance in the amount of 1 million dollars. over all the years i've been fortunate to not have to use my insurance or my own money to cover damages. the main reason being is that with 35 years of experience, i know what to expect and what to look out for.

thanks,

rick

here is what alan emailed me back

HI Rick,,

I think the question on damage comes from another plumbers opinion to a Board member,,,,trying to sell more clean outs,,,,,,saying the longer the Jetter is in the pipe the more chance the head will bounce around, thus damaging the clay pipe [ so have more clean outs , closer together

lets start planning to get this job done

Alan

thanks for all the suggestions and opinions on this subject. i guess sticking to my guns, worked out and hopefully i'll have a nice project to start on in the next couple weeks.

rick.
      Joey must be out shopping?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I wouldn't have mentioned anything about another contractor with or without a jetter.

I wouldn't have said all that about insurance either.....I would simply state that I'm having a letter of insurance emailed to them form my agent.

Comment

Rick, we have run into similar questions from ignorant clients but our policy is the same for jetting as it is for regular rodding work and that is simply that we are not responsible for any damages caused to the piping. It's in our contract and over the years we have indeed cored through many many pipes and the owner has had to pay out for excavation work and such as a result.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
            the whole purpose of this tread was the hoa was asking if my insurance would cover damaged pipe by jetting.

why would i send them my insurance info and ignore their questions and concerns

once again, there's a reason why you should stay far, far away from drain cleaning

rick.

And you shouldn't be expecting your liability insurance to cover damage to old clay. Clay can be cracked and you not see it with a sewer camera and then you finish it off with your cable or jetter and your responsible???

Your a claim waiting to happen. after 35 yrs it seems you would know you cant be responsible for old clay. In your letter its almost like your saying I've done this for 35 years and the clay pipe knows that and wont break and if it does I have insurance....wtf.

Comment

Rick i want to be like you some day
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                And you shouldn't be expecting your liability insurance to cover damage to old clay. Clay can be cracked and you not see it with a sewer camera and then you finish it off with your cable or jetter and your responsible???

Your a claim waiting to happen. after 35 yrs it seems you would know you cant be responsible for old clay. In your letter its almost like your saying I've done this for 35 years and the clay pipe knows that and wont break and if it does I have insurance....wtf.

I assure you Rick is very familiar with what is covered and what is not. Although he left out the fact it would not be his responsibility he knows that as well.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  Rick i want to be like you some day
                  charlie, after seeing your work and the propress job you just posted, you stand your own ground

but remember that i'll always stand behind you

thanks, charlie

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    charlie, after seeing your work and the propress job you just posted, you stand your own ground

but remember that i'll always stand behind you

thanks, charlie

rick.
                    Rick you only got away with that one time and you will never again
                    Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

ah the round up pics, still makes me laugh lol
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Rick you only got away with that one time and you will never again
                        So now you're shy, or is something Rick did?

Mark
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks Mark
                          Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

thanks Mark
                            No problem, I kind of figured you guys would be together forever once you got that pipe wrench tattoo. However, when Rick refused to get his hand flanger tattoo I saw the relationship coming to an end.

Mark
                            Attached Files

Comment

I thought they were gonna' make it when Rick had those Ridgid mini cutters tattooed on his....well....you know.

J.C.

Comment

I guess you just never know until it's too late. I just hope they are both happy.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X