What would you do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do

Kind of a crappy situation. If the HO is shopping around, it's hard to give out a free cam/locate. Now if this was someone who was most likely going to hire you, it would be different, but this is someone who is just looking for the cheapest price and will probably end up hiring a handy hack to do the job.

I say stand your ground. Is it worth more wear and tear on your cam? You'd be sending it down into a drain for NOTHING for somebody who already has a stack of estimates for you to compete with.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
      Kind of a crappy situation. If the HO is shopping around, it's hard to give out a free cam/locate. Now if this was someone who was most likely going to hire you, it would be different, but this is someone who is just looking for the cheapest price and will probably end up hiring a handy hack to do the job.

I say stand your ground. Is it worth more wear and tear on your cam? You'd be sending it down into a drain for NOTHING for somebody who already has a stack of estimates for you to compete with.
      Exactly..first they would have to pay my fee to camera / locate..Then if they decide to hire me to do the job, I would deduct that from the quote to do the work..They can go kick someone else's tires see ya'
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't have a camera...........yet.

But if it were me, I would charge for the camera inspection, and if I got the job to replace the sewer I would credit them for the camera use.

Comment

charge for camera because thats all ur gonna get on this one..shoppers always get handy once they got a visual these days so they pay handy friend of a friends cousin to spot repair.

Comment

I voted B ,, but there have been times when if it was fairly easy I will throw my camera in the line to have a look then bid the repair. But it really matters what my impression of the customer is. If they feel real then no problem if my gut feeling is stingy then I don't do it.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              I agree, I would be more than happy to go with option B ..But she doesn't want to pay me to camera / locate.Like I told her I have to see it to confirm so I can give her my best price..Wish I had xray eyes...What they need up here is a tire kicker smiley or a window shopper smiley as I get a lot of them
              Major clue in this statement.

Comment

More then likely I will not hear back from them..Maybe I lost maybe I wonat this point really don't care either way...
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  More then likely I will not hear back from them..Maybe I lost maybe I wonat this point really don't care either way...
                  Good job! Just move on to the next one
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                  X