X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roto Rooter in deep doo doo?

Now don't bite my head off because this is not how I do business but when a sewer has been breached it is a bad sewer. I think they could hide behind that alone.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      Now don't bite my head off because this is not how I do business but when a sewer has been breached it is a bad sewer. I think they could hide behind that alone.

From the perspective of defending themselves in court I suspect you may be correct. Since the State isn't going after them, and Minneapolis is apparently going to slap them on the wrist I'll be surprised if any serious litigation results from this.

From the perspective of public awareness and public relations their actions are difficult to defend and their sales will suffer. At least in the short term. With the incentives structured as they are this situation is sure to pop up somewhere from time to time.
      Last edited by geno gardner; 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Problem is RR has a lot of money and resources...they can shield themselves pretty good from this stuff...now when I say resources--they got ALOT of resources...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          Act now buy two bottles for the price of three and you can win a trip to the Land of Make Believe.It works so good it's magical

I went to a septic job after RR had been there. There was ten five gallon buckets of their blue stuff on the back porch. I told the HO to get your money back on those. It was kind a funny job though. The parents had left little Johnny home for the weekend and of course little Johnny had a "few friends over" and backed up the septic system. First call was to RR who snaked the line from the house to the tank and told Johnny that he needed the tank pumped. Dumb kid. I can't say that I hadn't done the same thing though.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The Chinese definition of happiness

" Getting Your haircut every Two weeks, AND

Watching Your neighbor fall off their roof "

R.R HIT HARD ! YIPPIE
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I get second opinion jobs occasionally and they usually end up one of three ways.

Sometimes it's unskilled employees making bad diagnosis and bad recommendations.

Sometimes I find legit problems and confirm what the other companies have said.

And far too often it's just a plain old rip-off.

When it comes to big jobs it's wise to get a second opinion.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                The Chinese definition of happiness

" Getting Your haircut every Two weeks, AND

Watching Your neighbor fall off their roof "

R.R HIT HARD ! YIPPIE

What makes some people happy can be odd.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

God I hate those thieves.

Had a call a few years ago, not RR but similar business model. Wet spot in the carpet. Couldn't get there quick enough for her. Charged her a $1250 'leak detection fee' to CUT A HOLE in her carpet, not even pull it back from the wall, cut a dang hole in it, and tell her she's got a floor drain buried there that is backing up (which I told her on the phone was what was happening), then proceed to demand EVEN MORE $ to clear the clog because that's not covered in the 'leak detection' fee.

She's backed up a couple of times since then (renter won't stop flushing face wipes), calls me now and says to take my time, any time today or even tomorrow if I can't make it today is fine; she'll wait for me.

Nice to see them get burned for once, however lightly. It is fraud. They should do time for it.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X