Who's going to the show??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to the show??

Haven't been on here nearly enough recently. Luckily, things have picked up. Never been to the Pumper show and am dying to see new tools and tech. Some of you have attended in past, is it worth the trip? I'm a one man show, so the minute I leave town, I risk losing jobs($$$). Last year, went to the WQA in Orlando(Water treatment show) Must say, I didn't learn a whole lot and that part of my business has not been very profitable. Would love to see the equipment as well as shake hands with any one of you!! I'm sure reps will be cutting deals at the show, so. Is it worth the trip and the $$$, or should I save the money and put it towards new equipment? Looking to buy jetting equipment and camera..

Re: Who's going to the show??

I may pull a all niter. Drive straight thur on sat morning. I hope they have the deal for 25 bucks on sat.

Comment

Rich it is a good show and i dont even do plumbing for a living
      you will have fun
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Great show for all kinds of trades. Never been. Like to go. I've said it before though:

I don't pay people to show me what they want to sell to me.

There should be no entrance fee for exhibit/manufacturers' booths.

J.C.

Comment

Well worth going to!
          I've only been once and I'm glad I did.
          Wish I could afford to go again this year.

As far as Louisville goes.....well, don't get your hopes up. The place is kind of a dump.
          It's almost like they fired the guy that was in charge of painting back in 1970, and forgot to hire a new one. The whole place is run down looking, kind of depressing.
          Looks like all the old mill towns in Maine all crammed into one city.

If you get a chance to go to Glass Works, do it. Candy and I got to blow glass Easter eggs. That was pretty cool.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Some day I may make it to one. Here we go again Maybe next year?
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Great show for all kinds of trades. Never been. Like to go. I've said it before though:

I don't pay people to show me what they want to sell to me.

There should be no entrance fee for exhibit/manufacturers' booths.

J.C.
              Easy to get free entry, just contact a exhibit/manufacturer, they all have tickets.
              I agree, why do I have to pay fro them to have a chance to sell me something.
              Sure I'm interested in your product, set me up with some tickets and I'll be sure to check you out at the show.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Some day I may make it to one. Here we go again Maybe next year?

WHATEVER ROD!
                I thought we where going to start our own show. What ever happened to that?

Comment

The economy have you seen the price On Walmart hotdogs and buns?
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                    The economy have you seen the price On Walmart hotdogs and buns?

Good Point!
                    With the price of hotdogs and all the ice, it's looking like a no go again.

Looking like this year would just be a bunch of hungry guys slipping and sliding around a bonfire with the one exhibit being a half roll of Duct tape

BYOB!

Comment

joey and i went to the nashville show in 2002. giant show, but really an overkill for the 1 man show. it's really geared more towards the municipalities and high rollers.

the deals are not just reserved for the show. they typically extend the deal for the entire month outside of the show.

between the hotel, airfare, overpriced convention food, lost work. i could have paid for the camera and jetter in what i spent in the 4 days away from home.

do you have a local phcc show like we have

if you do end up going, say high to josh and dan from root-x.

honestly, the show is overwhelming and more geared to the big boys

don't expect to see me there until i plan to buy a combo truck

rich, why not come out here march 5th. and attend our phcc show. still good prices and long beach is a much nicer setting. plus you'll get to meet a bunch of us

if interested let me know and i'll fill you in on the details.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

The pumper show is huge. There is so much stuff to look at it's amazing. You may just find another business idea while you are there. I was going to go this year until I found out that it is moving next year to a better venue. If you want to look at absolutely everything related to the sewage industry the pumper show is the place!
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Thanks for all the response. I agree, JC; admission should be absolutely free(to those in the trade) and, I'm sure I could get free tickets from a vendor as long as they got em. I'd love to visit your show and meet you all out in California, Rick, but things have been bad here for a long time. You re-iterated exactly what I was thinking: 1000 miles each way in gas$$, lodging and food for X days, X days missed work=missed income,(possibly lose a customer?). Also, if I go alone, the wife won't want me gone more than 2-3 days. If I take her... The list of issues and expenses skyrockets.. So, I know I would love the show and will try to get to it someday. If they change the venue, it might wind up even closer.(Orlando?) But when you add up what I'd spend going to the show, the money would be better spent towards equipment I already know I want. I'm not ready for a huge purchase like a combo truck or even a high-end trailer jetter, so I don't need to go to the show. Looking to build/buy bigger cart jetter w/ a nice nozzle selection and a camera. With a computer and the internet, this can be done; but it would still be nice to get to the show one day..

Comment

It will be in Indianapolis next year.
                            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The show has lots to offer, They have education day which gives out lots of valuable information. Also there is lots of products there for one man shows. You have to realize they will have the larger Combo units which industrial, municipal shops would need, but they also have trailer units for smaller shops. Also they have porta-johns on display ranging from the basic plastic unit to a full on trailer. There is lots to see there and learn. You do get to pick the brains of the guys that make the equipment we use in our trade. Also Cole does put on a great show afterwords.

When it was in Nashville, I went every year except a couple of them. Been to two of them in Louisville, The show still impressive, but the city was kind of eh... Did find a good Micro Brew right across the street from the Brown Hotel we where staying at.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X