X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank sucked in.

My competor down the road sucked there tank in. We both work for a local hydro x guy. They have a ton of work and two other guys they work with are on there last leg. I had to run over there to suck the truck out. They ran the vac pump to keep the waste from running out. I feel bad for their driver he is out of a job till/if they replace the truck. The new owner has done nothing but fix and replace all the old junk that came with the joint. We looked at it and said thanks but no thanks. I just got my new truck together last night. I think replacing them long before its junk is key if you only have one truck. Pics to come.

Re: Tank sucked in.

That....sucked.

I kid, I kid.

J.C.

Comment

So, Dane, like a kid waiting for a bottle, I'm starting to get fussy waiting for these photos. Trying "hard as I can" to be patient though.

Comment

don't they have a vacuum relief valve to prevent an over vac situation

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
          Should have. Maybe the tank was so rusted and old that it couldn't handle even the vacuum that the relief allowed.

Comment

Or it wasn't set properly, or it was stuck.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              The truck had a relief. It was so rusty that the tank wouldnt take. Most vac pump say they make 28 inches of vac. But as a tank gets older you need to run 20-22 inches. If it will not put up with 20-18 inches its junk anyway. I will post pic as soon as the tank gets the logos on it. That should be soon the DOT will be after me for no numbers. They called and said the tank was welded up and should be go for now. There days are numbered with that tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                My competor down the road sucked there tank in. We both work for a local hydro x guy. They have a ton of work and two other guys they work with are on there last leg. I had to run over there to suck the truck out. They ran the vac pump to keep the waste from running out. I feel bad for their driver he is out of a job till/if they replace the truck. The new owner has done nothing but fix and replace all the old junk that came with the joint. We looked at it and said thanks but no thanks. I just got my new truck together last night. I think replacing them long before its junk is key if you only have one truck. Pics to come.
                Dane you saved the day! Of course that makes you the hero of other sucker-outer guys. Is it fair to wonder then if you suck the best?

JUST kidding. It pays to have good and well maintained equipment! GREAT JOB!
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X