X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The K-3800 saved the day.

Not much talk about this great machine. Had a nasty back to back bathroom sink stoppage. Tried my top snake with the 5/16 spring head, a couple of straight 5/16 cables with the ends cut off, which is my go to cable and always gets those bad, back to back sinks cleared. Nope. Then tried the K-60 with the 5/8 cable and several cutters and still couldn't clear the line.

After two hours, I bust out the K-3800 with the 13/32 cable(tight fit through the door though) with a half cutter, clears the line fairly easily. Yeah! Just goes to show you, always try everything, and never assume anything. I thought for sure there would be no way that bigger cable would clear the line.

Re: The K-3800 saved the day.

I have always said have to have the right machine for the right job. That is why I too have sectionals and drum machines on my truck. My preferred first choice machines is the drum machines. But in some cases I can see a sectional would be a better choice and use it first.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I love my K3800 with the sink drum and 5/16 drop head. The snake spin slower and allows the drop head to navigate the bends a lot better than anything else.
      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

had a stoppage last week at a condo building. the first floor master has a double lav sink that has a common double san tee buried in the wall. after several tries with my k-50 and drop head bulb cutter. i grabbed my micro reel and saw exactly where the drop was, marked my cable and tried 3 times to hand place the cable/ cutter in the right spot. finally got it and cleared the line

being only an 1.5'' line, there was no way to keep the camera and 5/8'' cable in the drain to watch.

would have been nice to have a c/o in the waste or vent stack, but the line is buried inside a cabinet with drawers. even the roof vent on the 3 story roof was a no go as the line was common vented with the laundry in the other wall that was ok.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

K-3800.... looks like Ridgid somewhat tried to copy the Spartan 100 without the dolly ???

Good job clearing the line

Comment

Have an K-375 with 75ft of 3/8S cable. What's the difference between the K-3800 and My machine !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

about 3 times the price for the 3800 and 3 times better.

commercial build compared to homeowner build.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X