• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spade Cutters And P Traps

Try a c cutter run machine in reverse if you can't make the trap in forward

Comment

i have plenty of spade cutters. i never use them

what i do use is the 4 blade cutter and i also steal the blade holder from the spade and install my spiral root saw.

does't sound like the forum cleaners really use or recommend the spade.

my go to cutters are the 4 blade, spiral root saw and the rick reverse auger

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I've used the spade cutter with some success on kitchen lines. It does a decent job at scraping and breaking up hardened grease in galv and cast lines and then I just flush with water for a few minutes and it seems to take care of things.... The 4 blade would probably do just as good at that task if not better.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

The real question is why this was asked ! Please tell Us!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Spade cutters work very well in cutting through heavy grease.I have used 4" and 6" to unclog manholes in the past with the 1500 machine.
            But your question was regarding p-traps,sorry I never have ran into whole house traps here in Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
              Spade cutters work very well in cutting through heavy grease.I have used 4" and 6" to unclog manholes in the past with the 1500 machine.
              But your question was regarding p-traps,sorry I never have ran into whole house traps here in Mississippi.

I have never seen a 4" or 6" spade cutter

Comment

The last ones, I purchased was in 1999.They are somewhere in the shop.

Whenever my daughter shows up to visit,I will try to have her post a picture.

Maybe in a day or two.

Comment

i take my pear shaped double three and pinch it together with my channel locks
                  and put a slight bend in the cable right past the chuck. it seems to work out well for me.as for the pinch it generally opens back up once it bangs its way through the trap.it can be a pain to retrieve if there is roots but just forward and reverse to get it back

Comment

No matter the blade, a flexible trap leader is your best friend for outside house traps.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      The real question is why this was asked ! Please tell Us!

A customer brought this up as a major problem he was having and I wanted to see if it was an isolated situation or a widespread problem. Sounds like it is somewhat of an isolated issue. Thanks!

Comment

I don't use spades.

I don't see whole house traps.

I do see 3" and 4" traps on big floor drains, big floor sinks. but on these I'm working from right close to the trap so it's not much of a problem to get whatever I want through and into the line.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

If I run into a house trap my 11/16 cable with a 3 inch cutter can get by.
                          Or my drill and eel with a four foot section and 3 inch spiral cutter can hop it very easy too.
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

not many house traps...but I use a spring leader and double blade cutters...
                            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                            X