X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1750 and 6" line

K1750 water jetter, according to the manual, is for 1 1/4" to 4" lines. I'd like to use it on a 6" horizontal clay line that is not clogged, but coated with grease. Cleanout is in the basement, so I'd rather use the K1750 because it's electric. Any potential problems by doing this? Thanks

Re: K1750 and 6" line

I'm going to agree with what Cuda is about to post

Comment

The jetter line on the 1750 is really best at smaller lines like 1.5"-2" The 4" rating is probably a little high for that unit. But 6" line it may turn back on itself because of all the room. You may be able to add a piece of pipe on between the nozzle and the hose to prevent turn around in the pipe. Hopefully no bends to go around.
      I know that i was not happy with the 1750 pressure when I had mine on grease.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        i'm going to agree with what cuda is about to post
        lmao lol:d
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by rich29 View Post
          K1750 water jetter, according to the manual, is for 1 1/4" to 4" lines. I'd like to use it on a 6" horizontal clay line that is not clogged, but coated with grease. Cleanout is in the basement, so I'd rather use the K1750 because it's electric. Any potential problems by doing this? Thanks
          Your better off with a leaky garden hose. Run a real jetter in the darn thing and call it a day. 3000 PSI at least 8 GPM.
          WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
          ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Ok, thanks, sounds like trying the the k1750 would be a waste of time.

Comment

You could use your jetter hose and reel and tips and go rent a pressure washer with 2500 psi to 3000 and you might like the results. Even though your tips would be too small it might work to get you by. Or Just buy 1 tip sized for the GPM and PSI of the machine you rent.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

the 1750 psi jetter is under 2 gpm.

trying to clean a 6'' line of grease is like trying to put out a forest fire by pissing on it

stick with 1.5''-2'' lines and get someone with a gas jetter of 18hp or greater. you need water volume and some pressure. of course the proper nozzle will help do the trick too.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have the watercannon 2.2 gpm @ 1500 psi.
                  Would not even use it on 4 inch small electric are great for
                  Smaller lines maybe a 3 inch branch short run with a soft blockage
                  Use mine mainly on 2 inch only
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

this unit works great for thawing lines, especially when to many gpm is a problem ie working from inside a house. Does a good job for kitchen lines, grease but not much else.

Comment

Working...
                    X