X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new septic guy...

I'm in the market for a new septic driver if you know of anyone who is in the Portland Salem area of Oregon. Needs to have a class B CDL and tank endorsement!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: I need a new septic guy...

I thought this was the helpfull forum? You guys are no help at all with this problem!

Comment

There are tons of truck drivers out there. Not many of them wnat to drag hose. They want to stay in the truck and just dump the box or back in a dock.

Comment

I put an ad on craigslist under the skilled trades section. I got 3 responses. One guy would work real well but he only wants to work on weekends as he's got a city job. Another guy replied with zero of the qualifications that I required and titled his e-mail "pisser driver". Uh, no. Third guy was working in Seattle and didn't have his resume and asked me to e-mail him an application. I did and I haven't heard back from him. I've put ads in the general sections and in the driver sections and just like you said, you get lots of drivers but none that want to get out of the truck for more time than it takes to get another cup of coffee.

Comment

I have no idea what the job pays, but I'm sure it beats an unemployment check! It amazes me what some folk consider "beneath" them.

Comment

Two bigger outfits around here go though drivers like nuts. They pay them on percent of truck rate. A guy on the fire dept here had a driver quit at his house because the time it took to drag 200 ft of three inch and pump up hill. He was belly aching that he made like 7 buck an hour on that job and he quit that day.

Comment

i already spoke to rookie plumber. remember i hooked him up 2 years ago with a temporary job problem is they hired him full time he's still working there.

but he did read it and says he doesn't have a commercial license. but at least he read it and if he's ever out of work, he would be your #1 man for the #2 business no kidding

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for thinking of me Rick!

Comment

Working...
                X