X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting Freezer Condensate drains

Now I hope I am not being a pain by asking somethin that has already been posted but I would really appreciate any help offered.
    Got a freezer with 5 heads, operating around minus 20deg.C. heads are iced to the billy'o and we have to jet the drains to prove they are clear. Supposed to have a heat trace but we are sceptical as to whether it is working or other. Going to try introducing hot water into the system via the jetter. Going to start reasonably cool and then lift temp. Cant exceed 50 deg. C for fear of damage to pump. Anyone done similar and have some pointers?????????????????????????????????????????

Re: Jetting Freezer Condensate drains

can't they test the heat trace to see if it's working

never jetted a freezer, as the drains are suppose to be outside the freezer compartment so there's no way to get waste into the cold storage of food.

unless it's the freezer at the euthanasia room of the pound, then it's inside and plugged

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

unless it's the freezer at the euthanasia room of the pound, then it's inside and plugged

rick.
      Been in one of those. Talk about depressing. If it was all cats it might be OK.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        If it was all cats it might be OK.

Comment

that's why i mentioned it. i had to unclog 1 at a city pound. the city plumbers wanted nothing to do with it

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            Been in one of those. Talk about depressing. If it was all cats it might be OK.
            It probably would be all cats around here,willd dogs usually dont make it to the pound. I know several that haven't anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              can't they test the heat trace to see if it's working

never jetted a freezer, as the drains are suppose to be outside the freezer compartment so there's no way to get waste into the cold storage of food.

rick.

Thanks Rick, we already asked the question. What we have unfortunately is a case of egos getting rocked about and as we are primarily teh ones rocking we are facing some resistance. We believe that the drains are blocked/iced up primarily because the trace is not working. We also think that ther is minor buildup of dirt and grime but that again is not what we think is the cause. So therefore we shall take notes on what happens in te coming days and report back hopefully for everyones benefit. Rick we can only hope to rise to your level over time but we hope we can do as you do and further the education of many.

Comment

Working...
              X