Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with the Catch Of The Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do with the Catch Of The Day?

I'll put them in the neighbors cleanout with my business card on the front door.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Take a picture

to show your future Customers.
      I have a Customer that is an avid fisherman. He wanted to take a picture of it like a trophy fish, holding up w/ a big smile on his face. What a crack up!

As far as what to do with it afterwards, bag it and just use the Customers trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I'll put them in the neighbors cleanout with my business card on the front door.

Comment

All main lines. That i rod/ I keep a 5 gallon bucket with a cheap scented trash bag in it. I place all finding in the bag. Once I am sure the line is clear and water is running. I offer to show the customer what was found. Some say no, some say yes. I also take pictures of the catches on the cable. I have found that a lot of them are happy to look at the pics but not in the bucket

Comment

I seem to always have a plastic tub with me..When they ask"what did you find" ..I say here take a gander
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pluto, the happy meal plastic toy dog that I simply cannot believe got plungered through a toilet into the line, rides on my dash to this day.

I've got a bag of something fibrous that doesn't seem to be tampons I dug out of a lift pump in my van. I've been meaning to let it dry out and do a post mortem on it; they have constant problems with this lift station. sometimes it's tampons and sometimes it's this stuff. I have begun to suspect their housekeepers are flushing some kind of wipes.

I saved the grout from the grout-mare episode, mostly to snap some pics to post, but also as I thought the h.o. might deny involvement and that the hoa would want the evidence; it did go that way. I gave the concrete core I pulled out of a line to the building manager in case she got flack from the insurance company or the hoa about the flooded unit. I couldn't believe the thing was in there and doubted anyone else would either. That one would be on the dash too if I still had it.

So, I save interesting things. And nice trophies from fun jobs. And I save things that might be evidence if there might be finger pointing about the bill. I clean up and take it all to the shop, or drop it off to whoever might want it.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X