Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What do you do with the Catch Of The Day?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with the Catch Of The Day?

I know this is a really entry-level question, but Saturday I went and pulled a large root ball out of a sewer for a really nice older lady. She was really pleased with my service and so forth but it wasn't til I was almost 15 miles away that I thought of it that I had left that root ball laying right by the cleanout.

That got me to thinking: What does everyone do with the "Catch of the Day?"
    1. Carry a bucket in the truck to put it in?
    2. Find the HO's dumpster and throw it away?
    3. Leave it for the HO to pick up? (like me, )

Re: What do you do with the Catch Of The Day?

I always put the ‘Catch” in a 5 gallon bucket and offer to show the customer.
    I always leave the contents of the bucket in a trash bag in the customers garbage.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

I always ask them for a used grocery store bag and put the catch in it for them. Then I politely put in in their trash for them. This way if they want to show the other half what was clogging their drain they can with out having to handle the mess.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

After showing the customer..we give it back to nature and toss roots in the woods...everything else dumpter time!!
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I store all of mine in mason jars under my bed. Right next to my urine I also save in jars

INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

put it in a bucket and take it with me. put it in trash can at quarter car wash when i am cleaning up my cables. never, never ,never leave it at job site. never. if customer does not ask to see it, i don't ask them. my customers want drains to work and me gone. breid..............

Comment

i dont do drains but we take all our trash back to the shops dumpster
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I agree, we try to always leave the job clean but this time I just forgot to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                  I know this is a really entry-level question, but Saturday I went and pulled a large root ball out of a sewer for a really nice older lady. She was really pleased with my service and so forth but it wasn't til I was almost 15 miles away that I thought of it that I had left that root ball laying right by the cleanout.

That got me to thinking: What does everyone do with the "Catch of the Day?"
                  1. Carry a bucket in the truck to put it in?
                  2. Find the HO's dumpster and throw it away?
                  3. Leave it for the HO to pick up? (like me, )
                  If its big enough or interesting I take a pic and post it here!

But I always take it off site and to the tip with all the other mess from peoples jobs.

Cheers Phil

Comment

I normally bag it and leave it behind in the customer's trash can, and I don't offer to show them, but if they ask, they are more than welcome to see what it was. I figure they called me because they don't want to deal with the nasty crap that comes out of their drains.
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

We always clean up trash and take it with us most of the time, unless customer tells us to use their trash can.

Anything pulled out of a sewer would never make it to my truck in the first place. That stuff stays with the customer in their trash can.

Comment

if the customer is home, i have them come out to see it. this way we can discuss the issue and talk about their track record.

if not home, i'll take a photo and still put them in the green can if they want to see it.

i always offer to give it to them for root soup i think i'm the only one to ever drink root soup

if it comes off the cable easily, i put them in the green can. if i'm in a hurry, i'll swap out the front cable and let them dry before cutting them off.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Anything I retrieve from the sewer automatically becomes my possession. All finds are tagged and recorded in the customer file.

Award winning catches are mounted on the warehouse Wall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Anything I retrieve from the sewer automatically becomes my possession. All finds are tagged and recorded in the customer file.

Award winning catches are mounted on the warehouse Wall of Fame.

I'll bet you can't wait to have an audit of your files!
                            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

"What do you do with the Catch of the Day"

Today I took her to lunch and shopping! Tonight, who knows......

Comment

Working...
                              X