Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    never used my 25 gallon anti freeze tank. might convert it to a diesel tank and then i'll have 50 gal. diesel. or might install a root-x foam injector.

    rick.
    Rick excuse my ignorance but what is a root-x foam injector?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

      not sure if putting root-x in the holding tank and allowing it to be pumped out through the jetter will harm the pump. but this will allow the jetter to apply root- at high pressure and treat the line on the way back in.

      spoke to dan about it and also us jetting. they need to see the ingredients to determine if the pump could get damaged.

      the 25 gal. anti freeze tank could be used for a root x injector on the pull back under lower pressure/ volume. if it's compatible. it would allow for a great way to treat an entire sewer system and et the product downstream.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        not sure if putting root-x in the holding tank and allowing it to be pumped out through the jetter will harm the pump. but this will allow the jetter to apply root- at high pressure and treat the line on the way back in.

        spoke to dan about it and also us jetting. they need to see the ingredients to determine if the pump could get damaged.

        the 25 gal. anti freeze tank could be used for a root x injector on the pull back under lower pressure/ volume. if it's compatible. it would allow for a great way to treat an entire sewer system and et the product downstream.

        rick.
        I really like that idea Rick it would mean that you could be sure that you treated the area you wanted. You could use the camera to help get the nozzle in the right spot then remove the camera and jet the product right to the trouble area.

        Great idea I hope you can make it work because I would definately use it in my business!

        Cheers Phil.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

          Originally posted by epc View Post
          I really like that idea Rick it would mean that you could be sure that you treated the area you wanted. You could use the camera to help get the nozzle in the right spot then remove the camera and jet the product right to the trouble area.

          Great idea I hope you can make it work because I would definately use it in my business!

          Cheers Phil.

          spoke to root-x at the trade show yesterday and also usjetting. i think it's possible and safe with a couple little modifications.

          they will follow up next week when they get back in their office.

          otherwise i have a way of doing it that is 100% guaranteed to work and is not too complicated.

          i'll share that idea once i get a patent i know it will be the best way to treat roots with a jetter of any size, guaranteed and the results will be better than anything out there.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

            I washed houses for years with a pressure washer and downstreaming soap using the method rick mentions about low volume suction after the pump. In my case you did not want the soap to pass through the pump because of the sodium hypochlorite.

            problem is that the tip on the end of the hose is what determines the high/low pressure. You would have to retrieve the jetter tip and switch it out to a low volume tip which will enable your chemical (in this case root-x) to be sucked into the line and out into the pipe.

            The only other solution I could think of to apply rootx in the pipe without bringing the hose back out for tip replacement nor passing the chemical through the pump is to put some kind of inline tank somewhere after the pump and before the jetter hose.


            BTW: im new to this draincleaning thing. what does root-x do to roots?
            the few plumbers that I know of out here only rod the pipe to clear the roots, they dont apply chemical to kill what roots are left.
            - How long of an effect does the rootx have at defending the roots before they grow back?
            Last edited by dhdc; 03-06-2011, 09:37 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

              Also, if you plan on downstreaming the root-x you need to take into consideration that the chemical is being diluted anywhere from 10-1 or even 20-1 depending on your setup. Are those levels sufficient for the rootx to work?

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

                Originally posted by dhdc View Post
                BTW: im new to this draincleaning thing. what does root-x do to roots?
                the few plumbers that I know of out here only rod the pipe to clear the roots, they dont apply chemical to kill what roots are left.
                - How long of an effect does the rootx have at defending the roots before they grow back?
                Originally posted by dhdc View Post
                Also, if you plan on downstreaming the root-x you need to take into consideration that the chemical is being diluted anywhere from 10-1 or even 20-1 depending on your setup. Are those levels sufficient for the rootx to work?
                I can answer these questions, I might know a little bit about RootX. RootX is an aquatic herbicide (registered as a pesticide with the EPA) that is mixed with a foaming agent and surfactants to help kill roots. RootX is a two part powder, one part that foams and the other that has the herbicide and surfactant mixture. The parts are mixed together right before application and poured into the application site. You add x amount of water per x amount of product. This will cause the product to foam and expand in the entire pipe lifting the herbicide to the top of the pipe killing the roots in the whole pipe. Water should not be used in the home for at least four to six hours, this will allow RootX to essentially cure in the pipe leaving a coating to prevent regrowth. RootX will guarantee that there is no backups caused by roots with in on year for residential lines if the product is applied by a professional. Also if the line is backing up you need to snake or jet the line to open it up prior to applying the product. RootX is not an acidic drain opener that will eat the roots away so it is important to open the line first then apply RootX with in the first hour or wait six weeks. I recommend applying with in the first hour since your on the job and that way you don't have to come back. I always believe if you can do it "one and done".
                Last edited by DanLawrence; 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM. Reason: I can't SpiElle

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

                  Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                  RootX is not an acidic drain opener that will eat the roots away so it is important to open the line first then apply RootX with in the first hour or wait six weeks. I recommend applying with in the first hour since your on the job and that way you don't have to come back. I always believe if you can do it "one and done".
                  what is the logic behind applying it within the first hr after clearing out the clogg, or the next option is to wait 6 weeks?????

                  also how do you apply it in the pipe if the roots are say, 70 feet from the clean out????

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

                    We have used boiler anti freeze RV turns into a slurppy and can't be reinstalled after use. A heated garage would be great.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: 6 Hour jetter job !!!!!!!!!!!

                      Originally posted by dhdc View Post
                      what is the logic behind applying it within the first hr after clearing out the clogg, or the next option is to wait 6 weeks?????

                      also how do you apply it in the pipe if the roots are say, 70 feet from the clean out????

                      the reason is very similar to getting a cut and having it bleed until it scabs up.

                      the root is susceptible to the root-x within the first hour until the sap forms and protects the root from the poison. 6 weeks is the estimated time it takes for the sap to wear off and the root starts to grow again.

                      the formula for 70' of 4'' pipe is 4#.

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X