Customer Is Always Right....... ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer Is Always Right....... ???

Not to get off topic, but I had a brand new customer the other day that said..."Do I get a discount"?

My reply was.."Discount for what"?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Maybe I should but if they don't ask I don't say anything unless it's after hours or Sunday. The only ones that are complaining are the owners of rental properties.
      I'd tell them I understand. Then ask that they go down on rent bi-annually or annually.....Right?

They need too. Only fair. They charge too much for rent, right?

If you can swing it, fire there azz. Don't go there for nothing.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        Not to get off topic, but I had a brand new customer the other day that said..."Do I get a discount"?

My reply was.."Discount for what"?
        I like that ..Can I use that Flux?
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          First note looks kind of like one from a serial killer.

J.C.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Maybe I should but if they don't ask I don't say anything unless it's after hours or Sunday. The only ones that are complaining are the owners of rental properties.
            AT: Then I guess you know who needs to a heads up. Eh? At least a ballpark.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Your problem is that you leave enough room on the invoice for them to even WRITE a message.

Find a smaller invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                Your problem is that you leave enough room on the invoice for them to even WRITE a message.

Find a smaller invoice.

Or fill it up with more numbers$
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I found that people deal with everything better if you just mark up the materials a bunch and mark down the labor a bunch. Its still the same bill but it seems people take it easier. Granted there are tons of jobs where you can't do that but I do it whenever I can. Telling people up front cost helps a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                    I found that people deal with everything better if you just mark up the materials a bunch and mark down the labor a bunch. Its still the same bill but it seems people take it easier. Granted there are tons of jobs where you can't do that but I do it whenever I can. Telling people up front cost helps a lot too.
                    I just went up 10.00 an hour on labor and marked all my material up. Products went up a percentage depending on its cost. The more it costs the less the percentage.

Comment

i do less than 1% of my work in apartments. just don't want to deal with renters and lack of managers and owners.

majoity of my work is private homes and condos/ hoa's.

had a similar situation a couple yeas back with the owners son. difference was it was face to face afte the job was done.

of couse the son thought he was smarter than me

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

It doesn't matter what you charge, how you come to that number, or what you state up front, there will always be people that think you are too expensive. Just shrug it off, and continue making money.

Comment

ty

you a drum boy? i'm a sectional boy. i would have went to where the customer asked. i would not have pulled any stool elsewhere. i also would have left stool off upstairs. 45lbs sound a lot better on the second story. but what would i know. if you keep doing this long enough, you will get less notes as no one will be calling you. correct me if i'm wrong about the drum. breid.................

Comment

I am pretty sure the dude. would not of liked my bill for rodding from the pulled toilet upstairs.

I don't see the logic in rodding from there. Besides kissing a little arse there was no point.

I am not an a-hole. I just see things like this. They called me for professional service and know how. I am there to do the right thing for them at the most cost effective way.

Comment

Re: ty

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                              you a drum boy? i'm a sectional boy. i would have went to where the customer asked. i would not have pulled any stool elsewhere. i also would have left stool off upstairs. 45lbs sound a lot better on the second story. but what would i know. if you keep doing this long enough, you will get less notes as no one will be calling you. correct me if i'm wrong about the drum. breid.................

This has nothing to do about a drum or sectional machine. It has to do with doing the job how I thought was best for me and the customer.

Comment

I tell customers. Lets looks around there my be a better way.
                                Rod
                                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                                http://unclognh.com
                                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X