Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ty

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
    if you keep doing this long enough, you will get less notes as no one will be calling you.

I'll be fine. I just need to weed out the trash

Comment

ty

it's not about whats best for "me and the customer". in that order. it's is doing as the customers ask. you don't take to suggestion well do you? did you by any chance charge to remove and reinstall stool? or is it still sitting on the floor. if you did not like your orders, use the phone. i'm actually not saying that what you did was not the best way to do it, but you didn't have permission to do what you did. you came on to someones property and did as you wished, against their explicit orders.................... as far as weeding well i appears that you have been weeded.................... also what i said about the drum, i stand by that statement. i was much easier to do what you did.................. the customer was right. if we don't like what the orders we have the right to refuse, and leave. breid..................

Comment

rod

ty didn't ask. if i was the customer i would have been pissed ,also. breid...........

Comment

Re: Customer Is Always Right....... ???

The customer who wrote that letter did you a favor. If he paid your full invoice he really did you a favor because he was not required to. He gave you specific instructions and you ignored the instructions. Communication is critical...especially when the customer is not on the job. What if there is a drain problem between the 1st and 2nd floor? You gonna go back and cable that section for free? Did you run the upstairs bathtub to even check? People who write checks dont like to be ignored....write that down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            The customer who wrote that letter did you a favor. If he paid your full invoice he really did you a favor because he was not required to. He gave you specific instructions and you ignored the instructions. Communication is critical...especially when the customer is not on the job. What if there is a drain problem between the 1st and 2nd floor? You gonna go back and cable that section for free? Did you run the upstairs bathtub to even check? People who write checks dont like to be ignored....write that down.

Wow...that is deep. I never looked at it that way. Thanks for thinking outside the box.

Comment

So the next time someone tells me to rod the main line through the floor drain (which will be soon) I should obey their command because the customer is always right ? Give me a break.... you are being silly.

Are you guys robots

The first floor wax ring was blown out and rodding from upstairs would have meant going around more turns and added length. I would have had to add an extra 25' section to get all the way to the street which would have been more work and $$$ too.

I have no doubt that I did the job the most efficient way for me and the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                Thanks for thinking outside the box.

Which seems to be the only way this one thinks.....

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

I have no doubt that I did the job the most efficient way for me and the customer.
                  But now you dont have that customer anymore and the main reason is that there was a lack of communication. My suggestion to you is to make a phone call next time a guy makes specific requests that you dont agree with once your on the jobsite. If you cant reach them....leave a message explaining the need to change plans. That would let the customer know he was not ignored....

Comment

Re: ty

you don't take to suggestion well do you?

Not if their suggestions/requests are totally asinine.

did you by any chance charge to remove and reinstall stool?

Yes I did, about the same as I would have charged for running the extra cable. He came out ahead as the blown out ring was replaced.

but you didn't have permission to do what you did

He wanted his chit flowing and I provided that service in the best possible way for the both of us.

as far as weeding well i appears that you have been weeded

Yes, he may have done me a favor. I might not have to deal with his foolishness any longer I'm betting he will be back

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      But now you dont have that customer anymore and the main reason is that there was a lack of communication. My suggestion to you is to make a phone call next time a guy makes specific requests that you dont agree with once your on the jobsite. If you cant reach them....leave a message explaining the need to change plans. That would let the customer know he was not ignored....

He only made this as a SUGGESTION, it was NOT a request.

It all boils down to him being pissed because of the additional $35.00 toilet pull fee.

Comment

He only made this as a SUGGESTION, it was NOT a request.

It all boils down to him being pissed because of the additional $35.00 toilet pull fee.
                        Did you contact him after you got the letter and explain yourself or is there still the lack of communication? Thats what I feel is the whole problem....with a customer that not on the job communication can be critical as it was in the case.

Suggestion or request......the result was the same and thats an unhappy customer.

I've never had anything like that written on a returned invoice. I make it a point to contact customers who are not on site and talk with them about what was done and why before I send an invoice. if I cant contact them I write an explanation on my invoice. Its part of what I call personal service.

Now if you dont like my advice I completely understand but be advised I dont have the problems your having and there is a reason.

Comment

I've tried to contact him over 20 times and I'm still trying. The one time the phone was answered it was his mother.

I don't care what you do or how you do it, when you deal with people you are going to have a few nut cases.

Everyone can't be the master

Comment

I've tried to contact him over 20 times and I'm still trying. The one time the phone was answered it was his mother.

I don't care what you do or how you do it, when you deal with people you are going to have a few nut cases.

Everyone can't be the master
                            Hey see...your doing the right thing. I'm glad to hear you are trying to contact him. keep your cool no matter what he says. It's business...dont let it get personal unless its friendly.

Comment

Working...
                            X