X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Is Always Right....... ???

I've been getting several not so nice notes sent back with my invoice/payment and I thought I'd share this one with you

Slum lord calls me up and says the sewer is backed up and that I should rod it from the 2nd floor bathroom because the toilet is already pulled. I didn't argue as I wasn't familiar with the house and wanted to see how it was laid out in person.

This two unit two story house had a neck high cleanout in the basement (wasn't going there). Line was full of poo to 1st floor toilet & tub. Since the first floor toilet wax ring was blown out from excessive flushing and plunging and needed replacing I figured I would pull it and rod from there.

This is the thanks I get

Re: Customer Is Always Right....... ???

don't need customers like that.
    after all he did call for professional help didn't he. what a jerk
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I would have a suggestion for the Slum Lord..."I'm never coming back anyways, you're best bet is to find someone else, and If you need some "suggestions", I'll be glad to help".

Comment

Dude I typed it once and I'll type it again..they are slum lords for a reason and if they are calling a professional then that pro is not charging enough...It will never work out...the fact that the guy "thinks he know better" should have been a red flag...If my customers don't trust me enough to do the most economical and common sense work then the relationship will go nowhere and I don't need that kind of crap....furthermore he didn't compain about the price...is the job done? did u fix it? the what the F*ck does it matter...sheesh!!
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
          he didn't complain about the price.

I get plenty of those too

Comment

Then why didn't they call phil?

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post

Cause he's already mad at Phil for charging 75.00...

Derek

Comment

AT: Maybe you should quote or provide estimates before you perform work so the customer knows what to expect. If they agree up front, I suspect most comments would go away.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

First note looks kind of like one from a serial killer.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    First note looks kind of like one from a serial killer.

J.C.

lmao !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post

Phil is the former owner of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        AT: Maybe you should quote or provide estimates before you perform work so the customer knows what to expect. If they agree up front, I suspect most comments would go away.

Maybe I should but if they don't ask I don't say anything unless it's after hours or Sunday. The only ones that are complaining are the owners of rental properties.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          Maybe I should but if they don't ask I don't say anything unless it's after hours or Sunday. The only ones that are complaining are the owners of rental properties.

Get used to it. They ALL complain. If you had charge $10 to do the job he would have wanted it for $7. No pleasing them.

They'll b!tch and moan but he'll probably call you back asking for a discount on the next one, promising you more work. The old carrot and stick routine.

Comment

I think we pizzed off all the slum lords around because we don't get the calls from many any longer. Plus we have a ton of plumbers collecting unemployment and working for 20 bucks an hour. maybe they are taking the crap rentals.

Don't get me wrong I like rentals. Just not slum lords

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              Get used to it. They ALL complain. If you had charge $10 to do the job he would have wanted it for $7. No pleasing them.

They'll b!tch and moan but he'll probably call you back asking for a discount on the next one, promising you more work. The old carrot and stick routine.
                              Man that carrot deal got me a couple of times...so when they start that crap about give me a discount and I give you all my work...I tell them here give me 5000.00 and I'll give you a 6000.00 credit....

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X