Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cable choices here and there

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    THANKS SO MUCH... I feel better knowing I am not retarded...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Wierd, I was just shopping for a flue gas analyzer today. I wonder where I can put my hands on a Ridgid one

Comment

Allstarequipment has 7/8" X 15' General Wire Innercore Cable In Stock
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Wierd, I was just shopping for a flue gas analyzer today. I wonder where I can put my hands on a Ridgid one
          check with josh and i'll ask at our show this weekend.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, maybe you can on a little trip and bring us back some Ridgid Euro Goodies? There's gotta be a reason for this madness! Maybe too much competition on certain stuff in the states? Doesn't seem likely but who knows
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

My theory is that the K-60 has to compete with the Rothenberger machines in Europe that are extremely popular (I think the original K-60 was a Rothy copy). That is to say that they match the Rothenberger line in Europe to match up better to what Euro plumbers are used to using and seeing.

Plumbers in the US are used to seeing the KM-1500 or a drum machine used on 6" lines, so why spend $$$ on marketing equipment that they do not feel they will sell a lot of?

Most popular machines in Chicago are the 1500 and the Spartan 1065, with the eel close behind.

It took hatchbacks a while to become trendy and popular in the US, even though they had been very popular in Europe for decades.

I'm sure the more of it that we buy or ask for, the more likely they are to include it in the catalog.

BTW, the Ridgid C-10 IC cannot hold a candle to the general 7/8 IC cable. the general is a LOT stiffer. IMO the Ridgid IC cable is more likely to bounce around and/or past some root balls and debris because it's so flexible (I've verified this with a camera too). The general IC is heavier and stiffer, so it stays centered a lot better.

The general cables are stronger and $30 cheaper than the Ridgid (when you can get them, Rod sorry dude you got screwed).

Comment

Working...
              X