Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone ever barter for service.

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Oh yea, I barter as well (mostly with the butcher for Ribeyes).
    Not sure if you guys do this in your neck of the woods, but in the Philly area, Ribeye sandwiches on a hard roll with long hots is very big here. Very big with us Italian folks.

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
      I remember back in the day when I was a kid my dad did some plumbing work for Ole Olson of OLE Surfboards and he did a trade for a new long board. I think he still has it...
      As it turned out there was a big market for long boards. So much that Greg was able to close down his California operation and move it to Hawaii where he still is today.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        I keep a 1999 4x4 suburban for bad weather

133,229 miles I just replaced the transmission (it has less then 50 miles on it)

Door Handle on drivers side has broken 2 times

Windshield has cracked in exactly the same spot 2 times as well

The current problem is a kinda large refrigerant leak (loss of charge in 4 days) Im guessing the leak is in the rear evaporator coil but have not had the time to tear into it

and still love it..

Oh yea, I barter as well (mostly with the butcher for Ribeyes).
        Most likely its the line running along the frame to the rear ac unit as you said. 3 of the family suburbans we had the lines capped and never looked back.

They have been ok trucks for the most part. I am getting sick of chasing down electrical issues. Mechanical stuff doesn't bother me one bit, but electrical... yuck.

The last 2 suburbans my brother has gotten were both on bartering deals, both times he has come out way ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          I was gonna let the fact that you were a Delta fan slide, but now you crossed the line with being a Chevy lover.
          Hey what can I say I like things cheap and easy to fix... you guys will learn I am a cheap skate
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X