Anyone ever barter for service.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever barter for service.

Been doing some work for a guy who owns local property rentals and a Chevy dealership. I have been looking for another truck because the Dodge sucks.

Were going to trade for the services preformed at his properties and dealer ship. I was complaining about my Dodge to him and said we need a better truck.
    He just took in trade a 1997 GMC Yukon nice shape new dealer installed transmission. Old owner kept paper work on truck 1 owner.
    So were going to trade for what he owes me for what he took the truck in for trade is equal to or more than what he owes.
    Test drove it runs 100% so it's a done deal
    I have treated this customer very good over the past 5 years.
    It was very nice of him to help us get a new safer truck. We bring it home today

Attached Files
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Anyone ever barter for service.

We done that at a dealership with service on our trucks. Did some work for them and they serviced our trucks for an equal amount.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I barter all the time...which is probably why I aint got no money...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        I barter all the time...which is probably why I aint got no money...
        yeah, but you're rich in favors

Comment

How many miles? Just a couple things to watch for, as my brother has had 5 suburbans between the years 94-99. The interior door handles are notorious for breaking off with out any warning. The Headlight switches are also a trouble issue from time to time. Electrical issue by far seem to be the most common from our experience. Door locks, wiper switches/motors and other small things yet annoying. All of them leaked.gear oil out the front differential at the shafts. Transmissions on all of them including my dads 94, 96 and 98 all died around 130k give or take a couple thousand.

Comment

Yes I have been known to barter. One day in the 80s I got a call to Agoura Hills with a complaint of poor water flow. When I got there I realized the owner was Greg Liddle of "Greg Liddle Surfboards". Growing up as a kid I use to own one of his boards. I asked him if he would be willing to build a couple of long boards in exchange for some plumbing work. He explained he had not shaped a long board in years but he agreed.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yes..for certain friends I will barter unless I need the money
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I just traded snow plowing for some tires. I will trade hours with the local combo truck guy, but thats it. It ok but some people seem to never get you back. Cash is still the best thing to barter for. I will lay block and brick for beer just to keep the rust off my tools and get out of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  How many miles? Just a couple things to watch for, as my brother has had 5 suburbans between the years 94-99. The interior door handles are notorious for breaking off with out any warning. The Headlight switches are also a trouble issue from time to time. Electrical issue by far seem to be the most common from our experience. Door locks, wiper switches/motors and other small things yet annoying. All of them leaked.gear oil out the front differential at the shafts. Transmissions on all of them including my dads 94, 96 and 98 all died around 130k give or take a couple thousand.
                  It has 125K on it brand new GM transmission runs great no leaks. There are two on my street one with 180K the other in the high 200K still running good. Very minor rust everything works My dad had an 88 GMC tranny died at around 130K too had it rebuilt and put over 300K on it.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                    It has 125K on it brand new GM transmission runs great no leaks. There are two on my street one with 180K the other in the high 200K still running good. Very minor rust everything works My dad had an 88 GMC tranny died at around 130K too had it rebuilt and put over 300K on it.
                    Dude its a Chevy..that right there is a plus...
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                      Dude its a Chevy..that right there is a plus...
                      I was gonna let the fact that you were a Delta fan slide, but now you crossed the line with being a Chevy lover.

Comment

We barter once in a while, it all depends on what it is. We got screwed once on a big time barter that still has a sour taste in our mouth.

We provided 2 carpenters who work together (both business owners) full plumbing for their brand new personal homes. Our Labor & hours free and materials at our cost, for theirs.

In return my father was suppose to get his 500sqft addition built labor free and materials at their cost. Plus my dads house was supposed to be sided and capped.

Foundation we paid for, so they started with that.

They built the shell and framed it out inside including windows and doors. They sided that part of the addition, and that was it. We also had to pay for another one of their friends to help them. They told my father their labor and jobs were worth more then ours, and they never came back.

After that incident, I like the old saying of.."I pay you...you pay me".

Comment

I keep a 1999 4x4 suburban for bad weather

133,229 miles I just replaced the transmission (it has less then 50 miles on it)

Door Handle on drivers side has broken 2 times

Windshield has cracked in exactly the same spot 2 times as well

The current problem is a kinda large refrigerant leak (loss of charge in 4 days) Im guessing the leak is in the rear evaporator coil but have not had the time to tear into it

and still love it..

Oh yea, I barter as well (mostly with the butcher for Ribeyes).

Comment

will work for food and then some

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Yes I have been known to barter. One day in the 80s I got a call to Agoura Hills with a complaint of poor water flow. When I got there I realized the owner was Greg Liddle of "Greg Liddle Surfboards". Growing up as a kid I use to own one of his boards. I asked him if he would be willing to build a couple of long boards in exchange for some plumbing work. He explained he had not shaped a long board in years but he agreed.

Mark
                              I remember back in the day when I was a kid my dad did some plumbing work for Ole Olson of OLE Surfboards and he did a trade for a new long board. I think he still has it...
                              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X