Dual vanities (aaarrrggghhh)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dual vanities (aaarrrggghhh)

Am I missing something here? I do a couple of these most weeks.

1) Pick a sink. Usually based on how much crap is under them.
    2) pull all the crap out
    3) lay down a towel
    4) if there is more than a bucket's worth, dip out the sinks with a small bucket. I like cut off widow washer fluid bottles for this as they are so flexible, and I have like a million of them because I never get to the recycling center
    4) Put a bucket under the sink.
    5) let the water out and catch it in the bucket
    6) Pull the trap (cut it off and glue on a trap adapter and put in a removeable one if you have to)
    7) Have a look in the roughin with your flashlight. Pull out any crap hanging right there, and see which way it goes (almost always towards the other sink, sometimes down)
    8) Introduce your equipment of choice (for me a small jetter; snakes work too but I like the jetter and, please, lets not go there right now)
    9) turn it on and shove it in til it stops or the water goes away
    10) if it stops before the water goes away, determine if you are in the other sink's drain
    11) if so, pull back out, mark or hold the spot halfway in, and feel around there and a foot or two either side for the drop. (if not, go back in to the spot and work it).
    12) clean up, pack the van, write an invoice, go do the next one. 30 min to an hour, every time.

I do ~1000 clogs per year, and I NEVER go on a roof, except for roof drains. A vent is always a last ditch option. As I've said before, methodolgy is determined by personal preference, by nature of construction of what you work on, and by weather. All of these vary from person to person and area to area. But if I'm on a roof for anything other than a roof drain, it means I'm flailing and grasping at straws. If you are in my area and you are on a roof, you are being silly. May make more sense where you are at for you to be up there.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Re: Dual vanities (aaarrrggghhh)

I have only seen one VTR for a lav and that was also for the toilet in the same bath and it went straight up and out.

Comment

Working...
      X