X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ro Pump

Can the RO Pump suck the hair and other debris from a tub waste and overflow?

Have a customer who has a duplex and each unit has 3 women living in it. Lots of hair in the w&o along with razor caps. Landlord says it was just cleaned recently and when I replace the drum trap and drain back to the stack it was full of crud.

Now the drain is Pvc and Just thinking that the w&o will be the culprit from now on.

Re: Ro Pump

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
    Can the RO Pump suck the hair and other debris from a tub waste and overflow?

Have a customer who has a duplex and each unit has 3 women living in it. Lots of hair in the w&o along with razor caps. Landlord says it was just cleaned recently and when I replace the drum trap and drain back to the stack it was full of crud.

Now the drain is Pvc and Just thinking that the w&o will be the culprit from now on.
    I personally haven't had lots of luck with hair clogs with the Ro Pump. (That I know of). However, SewerRatz seems to have a technique where he gets hair back out of lavatory drains. (I'm usually trying to get stuff to go down) Anyway, I would as Ron.

It seems to me hair gets wrapped around the crossbars or in the spring and it's tangled. So manually ripping it, or sometimes cutting it is what I experience. (Not always, but often)
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Thanks, kinda what I thought, but will check with Ron

Comment

I have pulled out globs of hair, shampoo caps, and razer caps from bathtub lines. Trick is to put a wet rag in the overflow, make sure its big enough to not get sucked down the over flow. I made that mistake once. Once you got the overflow sealed off, you just give the Ro-Pump a quick pull sucking the stuff out of the drain and pull the Ro-Pump away from the drain opening real fast to get the debris away from the drain right away.

It takes some practice but once you get it down it works great. My daughters tub is running slow I will try to make a video for you guys.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          I have pulled out globs of hair, shampoo caps, and razer caps from bathtub lines. Trick is to put a wet rag in the overflow, make sure its big enough to not get sucked down the over flow. I made that mistake once. Once you got the overflow sealed off, you just give the Ro-Pump a quick pull sucking the stuff out of the drain and pull the Ro-Pump away from the drain opening real fast to get the debris away from the drain right away.

It takes some practice but once you get it down it works great. My daughters tub is running slow I will try to make a video for you guys.

Thanks for the info. Will it get all of the hair off of the old Kohler W&O with the lift rod that is inside of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
            Thanks for the info. Will it get all of the hair off of the old Kohler W&O with the lift rod that is inside of it?
            As long as you can make an air tight seal in the overflow you will be able to suck out a majority of the blockage.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

make sure its big enough to not get sucked down the over flow. I made that mistake once.

Whoops

That's a lot of sucking power

Comment

Sounds GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Whoops

That's a lot of sucking power
                  Sometimes this job sucks. (groan)

Comment